No announcement yet.

Adalberto Mondesi watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, remember that Buxton put up a .300/.347/.546 line with 11 HR and 13 SB in 56 games in the second half last year, and look what happened to him. There's definitely some deep downside risk here.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

He is a 1A in our 12 Team AL only 5x5. The owner gets 2019 to see if he wants to give him a raise or play him out for a buck in 2020.

He is untouchable.

Comment

There is an article comparing Buxton, Mondesi, and Billy Hamilton. https://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/ad...ton-questions/
        Mondesi carries unique potential to be a 15-homer, 40-steal hitter with room for more. He potentially has Hamilton’s speed, Buxton’s power, and neither’s prospect pedigree, putting him in a unique valuation situation entering 2019. He’s essentially a knock-off, generic-brand low-average version of Turner or Starling Marte. Reframing his value, his better-case scenario might be, well, a carbon copy of 2017 Buxton, but with more steals and less batting average. That’s a top-120 player, but one who comes with an exceeding amount of risk.

The date on the article is 3 September. Through August, Mondesi had .273/.294/.455, 6 HR, 18 SB in 172 PA.

It is also fair to point out Buxton has health issues that Mondesi does not.

J
        Last edited by onejayhawk; 10-01-2018, 01:47 PM.
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          He is a 1A in our 12 Team AL only 5x5. The owner gets 2019 to see if he wants to give him a raise or play him out for a buck in 2020.

He is untouchable.
          yeah, I have him at 1A in RJEL. at least that's an easy choice for a year.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I drafted him in 2013. I've waited a long time for him to produce. Almost traded him numerous times. I have him at $3B so I'll be extending him to $13C21 next year. This has been a fun second half to watch. The average scares the crap out me. We'll see once teams start to see him a few times next year.
            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Raul Mondesi Sr. knew how to draw a walk. Maybe he can teach his son about strike zones.

How would you like to be Raul Jr and watch your kid brother do this?

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                How would you like to be Raul Jr and watch your kid brother do this?
                Not following you on that one? He's his own brother?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  Not following you on that one? He's his own brother?
                  I believe he has another brother also named Raul, but Adalberto acquiesced on using the Raul namesake... I could be mistaken.
                  Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                    I believe he has another brother also named Raul, but Adalberto acquiesced on using the Raul namesake... I could be mistaken.
                    There are two brothers who are both named Raul Mondesi Jr.?

Comment

The firstborn son is named Raul Mondesi, Jr. The younger son is named Raul Adelberto Mondesi. Raul Jr. was very briefly on the radar as a prospect.

It's like asking Mike Maddux what he thought of his kid brother Greg or Ken Brett what he thought of George.

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                        The firstborn son is named Raul Mondesi, Jr. The younger son is named Raul Adelberto Mondesi. Raul Jr. was very briefly on the radar as a prospect.

It's like asking Mike Maddux what he thought of his kid brother Greg or Ken Brett what he thought of George.

J
                        I don't think that is correct.

Post a link to the minor league stats for Raul Mondesi Jr. (Baseball reference or milb.com, etc). If he was a prospect you should find his page there.

(Adelberto Mondesi originally went by Raul Mondesi Jr., I think that's what has you confused https://www.kansascity.com/sports/ml...201628754.html)

Comment

Well, if we go by what Wikipedia says about elder Raul:

Personal life
                          Mondesí's son Adalberto Mondesí (formerly known as Raul Mondesí, Jr.) plays second base and shortstop for the Kansas City Royals.

(no mention of any other family)

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            I don't think that is correct.

Post a link to the minor league stats for Raul Mondesi Jr. (Baseball reference or milb.com, etc). If he was a prospect you should find his page there.

(Adelberto Mondesi originally went by Raul Mondesi Jr., I think that's what has you confused https://www.kansascity.com/sports/ml...201628754.html)
                            Answering my own question, I found him!

Comment

Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
                              Well, if we go by what Wikipedia says about elder Raul:

Personal life
                              Mondesí's son Adalberto Mondesí (formerly known as Raul Mondesí, Jr.) plays second base and shortstop for the Kansas City Royals.

(no mention of any other family)
                              I agree, but then I found these

onejayhawk is right, I'm wrong.

How confusing is this. If I'm getting the timeline right, Mondesi's first two son's were named Raul Mondesi Jr. and then Raul Adalberto Mondesi. Raul Adalberto Mondesi somehow either went by Raul Mondesi Jr. for a time (his brother's name?), or media outlets were confused and called him by the wrong name (for example, https://www.rawlings.com/advisors/pl...ul-mondesi-jr/)

Then, Raul Adalberto Mondesi started going by Adalberto Mondesi instead after his father's legal troubles.

Comment

I think the 2 failed Raul Jr's should connect with Dante Bichette Jr., and they can take in a Jay's vs. Royals game next year.
                                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Working...
                                X