Adalberto Mondesi watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    What would you have to get to trade a $1 Mondesi in the off season?
    Probably quite a bit.

Over at Razzball, looking at $/G (equaling out games played, which is the only fair way to evaluate Mondesi since he spent half the season in AAA), the top 5 fantasy producers in a 15 team mixed this year have been:

Mookie Betts $42.7
    Adalberto Mondesi $40
    Chris Sale $39.8
    Blake Snell $38.0
    J.D. Martinez $36.8

Now I'd never expect him to keep that up across an entire season (for one thing the AVG is unsustainable), but the upside is just immense.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
      11th HR tonight in just 66 games

Funny that not long ago he was being compared to Billy Hamilton in the power department. I think I said at the time that he's closer to Judge than Hamilton.
      don't ignore the 26 stolen bases to go along with those 11 home runs

Comment

I dont think it's out of line to say he has the potential for 60 combined HR/SB.
        Count up the number of players that will hit that mark this season.
        One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          Raul Mondesi was on my fantasy teams for years. I even have a bat signed by him...has to worth about .50 cents now.

After carrying his kid on my keeper roster for years then losing out on him this year is killing me. This thread is not helping the pain. But I just can't stop looking.

What would you have to get to trade a $1 Mondesi in the off season?
          I remember the Jay's dealing Shawn Green for Raul Mondesi, and I really loved it for those few years. Mondesi with the cannon arm in RF (with the cannon tattoo!)... add his power/speed combo and I just loved watching him play.

How much would you want for that bat?
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

I picked him up for SB a couple weeks ago in the semi-finals. Every game where he steals a base he hits a HR for good measure! Oh, I'm in the finals.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

I'm still scared of the potential he goes the wrong direction next year. Take that with a grain of salt because I own him for $10, so I'm assuming the worst at all time so I'm never disappointed. Hahaha. But still, that's some terrible plate discipline. I just have this fear that the batting average and OBP tanks out of the gate next year, and he's suddenly dropped to the bottom of the order with risk of a demotion, and everyone is disappointed when he "only" hits 8 HR and steals 35 bases.

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
                I'm still scared of the potential he goes the wrong direction next year. Take that with a grain of salt because I own him for $10, so I'm assuming the worst at all time so I'm never disappointed. Hahaha. But still, that's some terrible plate discipline. I just have this fear that the batting average and OBP tanks out of the gate next year, and he's suddenly dropped to the bottom of the order with risk of a demotion, and everyone is disappointed when he "only" hits 8 HR and steals 35 bases.
                I think his approach breaks the mold of poor discipline... the article from fangraphs titled "Adalberto Mondesi and the Byron Buxton Questions" really gave good insight into his approach that gave me confidence in the skills playing up as his approach continues to evolve. He's doing everything now based on an extremely aggressive approach, but I have faith that the talent will continue to show through as his approach adjusts. Though I fully realize the possibility of him falling on his face like Buxton, I prefer to roll the dice and dream big. 20/60 projection, but I give a more realistic 12/35 bottom end expectations for next season.

Link:
                https://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/ad...ton-questions/
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
                  I will sign up for 35 sbs and 8 hrs for 10 bucks right now and do not care what the OBP is or if the player is demoted.

But if you are in disagreement you can always trade him for a boatload in the off season.

Comment

Another HR today along with a double. No steal though, disappointing.

For an interesting comparison:

PA R HR RBI SB BB% K% BABIP AVG OBP SLG
                    Mondesi 264 42 12 33 26 3.0 26.1 .351 .287 .310 .498
                    Player X 324 53 13 40 33 4.3 18.2 .388 .342 .370 .567
                    Player X, who is also a shortstop, did that two years ago, when he was a month older than Mondesi is now. Mondesi has worse plate discipline but the other guy had an impressively lucky season for BABIP, which has normalized the last two years but his BB% has improved each year and he's still quite valuable - like ADP of 4, never picked outside the first round in the entire NFBC, valuable.
                    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Given the age and the short season, it has to be Trea Turner. Not a bad guy to have as a comp.

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

2 more steals already tonight, up to 28, in 71 games

Comment

In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

This was a great read, thanks!

Favorite part: "in terms of sprint speed this season, Mondesi ranks in the 98th percentile. He’s clearly one of the fastest runners in either league. And then, in terms of xwOBA on contact, Mondesi ranks in the 79th percentile. The dots up there to his right are Ronald Acuna and Trevor Story. Mondesi is very, very fast, and he’s also capable of hitting the ball hard. That establishes a potential star-player foundation."

Comment

I own him in my 12 team Al league have to long term him next year. Should I go 2 years for 15 or 3 for 20?

Comment

Originally posted by hacko View Post
                                I own him in my 12 team Al league have to long term him next year. Should I go 2 years for 15 or 3 for 20?
                                I would go 2 years for 15 and take the profit.

It I had a lot of money I might go 3 for $20.

Comment

Working...
                                X