NL only trade thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL only trade thoughts?

NL only 5x5, net steals, and OBP. $260 budget. Keeper.

X contracts are done this year. B contracts can be played out next year or given $5 per year raises.

Which side do you like?

Albies 10B

Bruce 25X

Luis Castillo 12X

Or

Happ 15b

Almora 8A

deGrom 35X

I'd take the Albies side easily in the abstract. If you are short on pitching DeGrom is a big factor that could sway it the other way.

Comment

It's pretty close. The first side is buoyed by awesome Albies, but Bruce is useful, but kinda meh, and Castillo is a high-upside mess that you probably don't even want this year at any price.

The second side has three pieces that I like. Almora is coming into his own and looks great. Happ is also slowly bringing his numbers up, but the power is still missing. I think pitchers have adjusted and he's adjusting in response. I think his second half will be balls nasty. deGrom is an ace. Plus, the second side gives you an extra keeper option.

I agree with Ken: If you need SPs, you need to get deGrom. If you aren't looking for anything in particular, it's much closer, and maybe I just want Albies.

Comment

I'd find it very hard to trade away Albies at a good price right now, but very easy to acquire him. It looks like a bit of an overpay for deGrom for a team that needs pitching, probably because they have Castillo.

Comment

Agree with the others. If one team needs SP, then DeGrom looks mighty tantalizing.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Thanks gentlemen!

I am stuck in 7th place 20.5 points from 4th (money finish) and 28 points from first. I currently have 60 points. 31 in offense and 29 in pitching. I have Stras and deGrom going tomorrow so I expect to pick up a couple of pitching points.

I know that the Albies owner is a Cubs fan and needs pitching. I was contemplating giving this offer in the hopes that I might pick up some points in offense and not lose too many in pitching. I realize this is a gamble, but Castillo can't stay this bad can he?

Even if I guess wrong I end up with Albies that I can keep (or flip if I can make a run).

I am not sure he would do it, at least it seems like a fair offer if I decide to run with it.

Comment

I see your thinking, but if you're expecting Castillo to even-a-little soften the blow of losing deGrom, you're fooling yourself. Castillo is a kid with upside, no doubt, but right now he's an inexperienced pitcher on a terrible team, in a horrorshow of a hitters park, playing in front of a subpar defense. If you're trying to win, he's NOT your pitcher. If you're rebuilding, and he's cheap, he's your pitcher.

As far as him staying this bad... I'd expect modest improvement from him with occasional epic implosions. And few wins.

Comment

Working...
              X