No announcement yet.

2K24: San Francisco Giants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Giants place J.D. Davis on the 10-day IL with a left shoulder strain.

The Giants place Mitch Haniger on the 10-day IL with a back strain.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The Giants steal Bob Melvin away from the Padres to be their new manager.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
        The Giants steal Bob Melvin away from the Padres to be their new manager.
        I was hoping the would give Stephen Vogt a shot.

Comment

• Three year averages:

.255/.332/.445 20 HR 60 R 60 RBI

.227/.323/.423 24 HR 65 R 65 RBI

One of those is Matt Chapman, the other is Wilmer Flores.

So SF is saying a little bit better defense is worth 54 million over 3 years? Seems like a really odd way to spend money when you have 3 healthy SP going into the season, and one of those is a rookie and the other is an RP trying out starting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
            Three year averages:

So SF is saying a little bit better defense is worth 54 million over 3 years? Seems like a really odd way to spend money when you have 3 healthy SP going into the season, and one of those is a rookie and the other is an RP trying out starting.
            They really should sign Snell. That "should" ensure they're a playoff contender, and would give them a playoff rotation of Snell, Webb and (assuming he returns at midseason and rounds into form) Ray.
            2021 Auction Anatomy
            2021 Keeper Decisions
            2020 Auction Anatomy
            2020 Pre-Auction
            2015 Auction Anatomy
            2014 Auction Anatomy
            2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
            RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post

They really should sign Snell. That "should" ensure they're a playoff contender, and would give them a playoff rotation of Snell, Webb and (assuming he returns at midseason and rounds into form) Ray.
              Says the guy who just traded for Snell and doesn’t want to see him go to the AL…

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post

Says the guy who just traded for Snell and doesn’t want to see him go to the AL…
                Yeah…but does that make my statement any less valid?
                2021 Auction Anatomy
                2021 Keeper Decisions
                2020 Auction Anatomy
                2020 Pre-Auction
                2015 Auction Anatomy
                2014 Auction Anatomy
                2011 Auction Anatomy

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                  Three year averages:

I agree their rotation is a wreck, but this really is a 1yr, $20m deal. Chapman will almost certainly opt out next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post

I agree their rotation is a wreck, but this really is a 1yr, $20m deal. Chapman will almost certainly opt out next year.
                    Chapman could opt out of the $18 million for 2025 and then accept the qualifying offer, which will probably be in the $21-22 million range.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Giants placed RHP Tristan Beck on the 60-day IL.

He will undergo surgery Monday to address the aneurysm in his upper right arm. He was expected to be the Giants fifth starter.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• J.D. Davis said he expects to either play third base with Matt Chapman at shortstop, get traded, or become a backup for 2024. Chapman has only played 4 games at shortstop during his 6 year MLB career. Davis and Chapman were previously teammates at Cal State Fullerton.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

J.D. Davis said he expects to either play third base with Matt Chapman at shortstop, get traded, or become a backup for 2024. Chapman has only played 4 games at shortstop during his 6 year MLB career. Davis and Chapman were previously teammates at Cal State Fullerton.
                          Giants place J.D. Davis on waivers.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

J.D. Davis said he expects to either play third base with Matt Chapman at shortstop, get traded, or become a backup for 2024. Chapman has only played 4 games at shortstop during his 6 year MLB career. Davis and Chapman were previously teammates at Cal State Fullerton.
                            Giants release 3B J.D. Davis after he cleared waivers..

― Albert Einstein

Comment

JD starting off the season 0-3…
                              2021 Auction Anatomy
                              2021 Keeper Decisions
                              2020 Auction Anatomy
                              2020 Pre-Auction
                              2015 Auction Anatomy
                              2014 Auction Anatomy
                              2011 Auction Anatomy

Comment

• The Giants are not playing around this offseason! Blake Snell is the cherry on top of their offseason. 2 years, 62 mill, an opt out option. I love that they stepped up. This is a great landing spot for Snell.

Comment

Working...
                                X