2K24: San Francisco Giants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    Picked him up in every league I could--just to have some fun for a while.
    He's not a Dodger, so you're allowed to do that.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Cueto has a shutout through six vs the As and Kapler leaves him in to give up two runs in the seventh. So, not as good a night for my WHIP & ERA, but he’s still up 7-2 in the ninth.

So what happens? Gott gives up a HR to Olson, walks Canha, has Grossman reach on an FC, hits Davis on a 3-2 pitch, then gives up the grand slam to Piscotty. Game tied 7-7...no win for Cueto.

Good freaking grief...
      2021 Auction Anatomy
      2021 Keeper Decisions
      2020 Auction Anatomy
      2020 Pre-Auction
      2015 Auction Anatomy
      2014 Auction Anatomy
      2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
      RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• my biggest draft mistake was taking Cueto and Jeff S without thinking about which moron was managing this team.

so it's not on Kapler nor the Giants because they are morons - it really is on me
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• I did warn you about Samardjiza....

Comment

• Joey Bart finally gets the call

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Joey Bart finally gets the call
              My catcher (Garver) goes on the IL the same day that Bart (free agent in my league) gets called up. I think the fantasy gods just gave me the swing sign.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The Giants DFA Hunter Pence.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  My catcher (Garver) goes on the IL the same day that Bart (free agent in my league) gets called up. I think the fantasy gods just gave me the swing sign.
                  Did you connect...or swing and miss?
                  2021 Auction Anatomy
                  2021 Keeper Decisions
                  2020 Auction Anatomy
                  2020 Pre-Auction
                  2015 Auction Anatomy
                  2014 Auction Anatomy
                  2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                  RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                    Did you connect...or swing and miss?
                    Yes, i added Bart.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• to answer the thread title, "because they currently are one of the top 8 NL teams, and thus playoff-bound if they keep it up"
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                        to answer the thread title, "because they currently are one of the top 8 NL teams, and thus playoff-bound if they keep it up"
                        Which will delay their badly needed rebuild for another year. I can hear a certain Dodger fan maniacally laughing in the background.

Comment

• They're a conundrum, as they're being propped up by journeymen like Kevin Gausman, Donovan Solano & Wilmer Flores and a breakout year by Mike Yazstrzemski, who's 30 years old. It would suck to tear them down, but I would think this is a good sell high opp for Zaidi.

Comment

• Giants sign 1B/DH Justin Smoak to a minor league contract.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              Joey Bart finally gets the call
                              Just yesterday, i was looking at Bart's first 3 weeks of stats and was amazed that he has started 16 of 22 games while making appearances in 3 others. Now he's likely to not play the entire weekend (or longer) because of postponed games. So, i guess i jinxed him.
                              Last edited by madducks; 09-12-2020, 08:03 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                                Just yesterday, i was looking at Bart's first 3 weeks of stats and was amazed that he has started 16 of 22 games while making appearances in 3 others. Now he's likely to not play the entire weekend (or longer) because of postponed games. So, i guess i jinxed him.
                                Could you have jinked him earlier? He's been very mediocre all season long.

Comment

Working...
                                X