X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading Kershaw

14 team...mixed...5x5...$300 budget...9 keepers

I was offered the following for Kershaw:

Devers who would be $6 in 2019 and $11 in 2020 (He would replace K. Seager so this isn't really an upgrade this year)
    Dahl who would be $1 in 2019, $6 in 2020 and $11 in 2021 (He would be replacing either M. Taylor, Franchy Cordero or Eddie Rosario for most days)
    M. Fulmer who would be $11 in 2019

I am playing for this year as I currently sit in 6th place. Is this enough for Kershaw? If not, is it close?

My other SP are:
    Corbin
    McCullers
    Wacha
    Pomeranz
    Junis
    Stratton
    Er. Santana on DL

I am not taken in by the offer as Devers or Dahl aren't that much of an upgrade this year (or are they), but for the next 2 years they are dirt cheap.

Thanks!!
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

I’d want quite a bit more

Comment

What's Kershaw's contract?

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
          $84 for this season. $89 in 2019
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Other than Corbin and McCullers, you really don't have a lot in the way of starting pitchers. I do like the players that you'd get back, and the prices are great considering your past posts on what studs go for in your league. Are you ready to toss in the towel for this season and build for next year? Because that's essentially what you'll be doing since none of the guys you'd be getting back would represent a huge upgrade for this year, but next season, you'd have a ton of money at your disposal and the ability to build a really nice team.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Come July or August you guys can chuckle at me, but i get this feeling that this is the year he drops a notch or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                Other than Corbin and McCullers, you really don't have a lot in the way of starting pitchers. I do like the players that you'd get back, and the prices are great considering your past posts on what studs go for in your league. Are you ready to toss in the towel for this season and build for next year? Because that's essentially what you'll be doing since none of the guys you'd be getting back would represent a huge upgrade for this year, but next season, you'd have a ton of money at your disposal and the ability to build a really nice team.
                Thanks Horns. No way am i tossing in the towel for this year yet. But i get the feeling this is the year Kershaw starts to decline. It feels like the other owners in my league aren't as high on him as they used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  Thanks Horns. No way am i tossing in the towel for this year yet. But i get the feeling this is the year Kershaw starts to decline. It feels like the other owners in my league aren't as high on him as they used to be.
                  I don't disagree with you, he's still going to be elite, IMO, but is he truly at a level all his own anymore? 6 walks last game for the 1st time in eight years, IIRC...not a good sign goin along with the injuries the past few years...
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                    That's likely because of two straight abbreviated seasons due to back injuries. I'd still easily pass.

Comment

That looks like a fair dump offer, but that's all it is.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                        That looks like a fair dump offer, but that's all it is.
                        Agree, I'm not sure why you pay $84 for Kershaw and then give up on him this soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          Agree, I'm not sure why you pay $84 for Kershaw and then give up on him this soon.
                          When you pay $84 dollars at auction for anybody, you better be right on your end game dollar days. If not we get jumpy and start thinking trade or dump way to early.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            If i get a fair offer that i think will improve my team, then i would deal him.

Im thinking that keeping him for $84 was not a good decision .

Comment

Working...
                            X