is OF painfully thin this year, or am i crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is OF painfully thin this year, or am i crazy

i was trying to find a replacement oF for Margot.. and theres, like, shit available...
    12 team, 5x5, mixed
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost in time, like tears...in rain. Time to die.

Originally posted by [echo] View Post
    i was trying to find a replacement oF for Margot.. and theres, like, shit available...
    12 team, 5x5, mixed
    Actually it felt deep in 15 team mixed drafts/auctions this year. How deep of a bench do you have? What are the top few names available? I'd think there would be a ton in 12 team mixed.

Now granted, it may be that lots of OFers are underperforming so far, but I don't really even consider that yet since sample sizes are too small to draw any conclusions from at this point.

Comment

A score of 5.65 on the ESPN player rater gets you into the overall top 50. There are 14 OF above that score. I guess that's a little light.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
        A score of 5.65 on the ESPN player rater gets you into the overall top 50. There are 14 OF above that score. I guess that's a little light.
        hmmm, seems just almost perfect to me, there were 15 OFers in the top 50 in ADP

Comment

[e] - like me, you may be crazy...but, yeah, OF is pretty thin.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Seems a little thin right now, but it should get better eventually. Some big call ups possible by June, some sooner. Acuna will be up soon. Calhoun should be up soon enough. Jimenez and Tucker could make it up by then as well. Could see Austin Meadows and Anthony Alford up too. David Dahl if they can find the room.

Comment

Also, 1B kinda sucks after the top tier, so a lot of people are playing Hoskins at 1B. Dee Gordon is probably at 2B. So even the top 15 OF aren't all being used there.

My 10 team league has crap OF on the waiver wire too. But, ya know, 10 team league.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                Seems a little thin right now, but it should get better eventually. Some big call ups possible by June, some sooner. Acuna will be up soon. Calhoun should be up soon enough. Jimenez and Tucker could make it up by then as well. Could see Austin Meadows and Anthony Alford up too. David Dahl if they can find the room.
                But how many of those rookies will produce decent numbers?
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  But how many of those rookies will produce decent numbers?
                  Seven.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    Seven.
                    If one of them is Austin Hays, I'll be very happy.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      If one of them is Austin Hays, I'll be very happy.
                      I have bad news for you...

magic-8-ball.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        I have bad news for you...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1060[/ATTACH]
                        I suspect you're right...I'm hoping Santander moves from bad to entirely useless, and Rasmus remains useless and the Orioles are out of it by June. I think that's his only chance.

Comment

Working...
                        X