One mans trash... Help with FAAB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One mans trash... Help with FAAB

12 team AL only $260 budget, $100 FAAB deep keeper. 5x5.

Here is who I can cut to make room:

Andrew Kittredge 2F

Rookie Status Catcher Toronto's Danny Jansen 2F (free until activated). Good catching prospect a couple of years away.

Now the fun part. Here are the best pitchers available for tomorrow night's FAAB:

Bartolo Colon
    Richard Bieier
    Jose Alverez
    Blake Wood
    Heath Hembree
    Danial Mengden
    Tyler Clippard
    Danny Barnes.

I absolutely need to pick one of these guys up.

Who of the two I mentioned do you drop (or both?). Who do you reluctantly pick up.

Mengden and Clippard would be the two I'd target. I suspect Colon's FAAB number went up based on his recent performances, like others, I just don't buy it. Clippard has some upside if Toronto has helped him fix his control issues; he still K'd a respectable amount and has high leverage experience.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I agree with Chance--Mengden and Clippard in that order. I'll quibble on Jansen being a couple of years away. He looks great in AAA right now. I could see him up by the end of this year, and certainly sometime next year. Of course, teams are often careful and slow with catching prospects, so maybe I'm wrong on that. Jansen can hit though. Good prospect. I'd definitely cut Kittredge before him.

Edit: Just looked up martin, and he is getting 20 million for this year and another 20 million next year, so, maybe I'm wrong on Jansen getting playing time this year or next.
      Last edited by Sour Masher; 04-17-2018, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Agree on Kittredge for Mengden, though Mengden had a pretty good game last night so he might be more expensive. You might need to adjust your bid a little up.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Yeah, I like Mengden a lot, but he is probably going to be expensive now. How about Sergio Romo or Jose Alvarado? Might be interesting if they're out there. Any of the Angels 8th or 9th starters happen to be available, like Tropeano?

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            Yeah, I like Mengden a lot, but he is probably going to be expensive now. How about Sergio Romo or Jose Alvarado? Might be interesting if they're out there. Any of the Angels 8th or 9th starters happen to be available, like Tropeano?
            Taken.

Comment

Working...
            X