NL-only - Peralta for Frazier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL-only - Peralta for Frazier?

10-team NL only, 5x5 using AVG. My team has been very good to start the year except for 3B/CI, where I've cycled through a couple of chumps already to end up with Alex Blandino doing nothing for me at 3B and Ryan McMahon also doing nothing at CI. I'm waiting for the magical day when Martin Prado comes back to take over, which is pretty much the best I can hope for right now.

My OF/UT slots have seven decent but injury-risky outfielders: Dickerson, Pham, Conforto, Braun, Brian Goodwin, Peralta, and Schebler. Braun has been hurt some and hasn't been getting as many starts at first as I expected; I thought this was going to be solved by moving Braun to CI.

I like David Peralta $10 more than Todd Frazier $10, but should I do it anyway? What if it's to the second place team, is it too early to care about that?
    Last edited by mjl; 04-16-2018, 07:58 PM.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

I like Frazier much more than Peralta — if it’s OBP. If it’s BA, I’d still do it but it’s much closer.

Comment

BA unfortunately. Updated the original post.
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I think I'd do it. You have OF to spare and Frazier is fine. Citi Field and the Mets lineup isn't a terrible place to hit.

Comment

I like Peralta better, but you do get the upgrade at 3B so I can see it
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I personally like Peralta much better than Frazier - I think there still may be some untapped upside there - but am starting to think I have Peralta-bias.
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
              BA unfortunately. Updated the original post.
              In a BA league I like Peralta much more than Frazier.

Comment

Working...
              X