Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elvis has left the building...

Elvis Andrus broken right elbow

"Assuming he misses extended time, Isiah Kiner-Falefa and Jurickson Profar would likely hold down the middle of the Rangers' infield."

Calhoun? You would think he could play some 2B. I know he is a liability defensively but his bat could really help Texas.

Comment

some background ... there were two out in the 9th inning, score was 7-2 ... every Angels-Rangers game this year is gonna have some drama to it ...

edit: damn embedding ...

Here are key moments from Rangers-Angels leading to Andrus HBP:

--Chirinos HBP in 4th
      --Rivera HBP by Bush in 6th
      --Simmons slide into Profar 7th
      --Trout hit to start 9th
      --Andrus hit with 2 outs in bottom of 9th.
      <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Here are key moments from Rangers-Angels leading to Andrus HBP:<br><br>--Chirinos HBP in 4th<br>--Rivera HBP by Bush in 6th<br>--Simmons slide into Profar 7th<br>--Trout hit to start 9th<br>--Andrus hit with 2 outs in bottom of 9th.</p>&mdash; Evan Grant (@Evan_P_Grant) <a href="https://twitter.com/Evan_P_Grant/status/984291948621156352?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 12, 2018</a></blockquote>
      <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
        some background ... there were two out in the 9th inning, score was 7-2 ... every Angels-Rangers game this year is gonna have some drama to it ...
        Seems a bit silly, there were already 2 men on, no way they intentionally load the bases.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
          Seems a bit silly, there were already 2 men on, no way they intentionally load the bases.
          maybe, maybe not, but tensions were running high - I could see the young gun wanting to send a msg (to his own team as much as the Rangers)
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
            "Assuming he misses extended time, Isiah Kiner-Falefa and Jurickson Profar would likely hold down the middle of the Rangers' infield."

Calhoun? You would think he could play some 2B. I know he is a liability defensively but his bat could really help Texas.
            Calhoun is a liability in LF, but that is where I expect him to play, possibly platooning with Rua. That's an ugly defensive OF.

Does Profar finally gets some real PT? He used to be a quality glove at SS, but that was 2013. Last year his numbers were decent in a small sample. Three weeks covering for Odor was nice, but their only other option at SS is Hanser Alberto. Profar is the logical sub until Elvis returns.

J
            Last edited by onejayhawk; 04-12-2018, 10:55 AM.
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              Agreed, Middleton was already pretty gassed from throwing over 30 pitches, so it was more than likely a total accident. Jeff Erickson from rotowire tweeted that he thought it was completely innocent. Evan Grant from one of the Dallas newspapers thought there was a more sinister intent. I'd lean toward an errant pitch by a young guy who was tired. Plenty of season and a lot of games left between the two to settle grudges...as Ken pointed out, 2 men already on base, so not a situation to do so.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                Agreed, Middleton was already pretty gassed from throwing over 30 pitches, so it was more than likely a total accident. Jeff Erickson from rotowire tweeted that he thought it was completely innocent. Evan Grant from one of the Dallas newspapers thought there was a more sinister intent. I'd lean toward an errant pitch by a young guy who was tired. Plenty of season and a lot of games left between the two to settle grudges...as Ken pointed out, 2 men already on base, so not a situation to do so.
                I live in the Dallas area - Evan is a really nice guy, interacts with the fans on the Rangers SBNation site at times, etc. However, his takes are often a little ... strange. So it's not surprising that he's the one pushing this.

Comment

I see that Grant just put out an update ...

So, I asked Jeff Banister if there was retaliation. He declined to comment.

In the time since, I've spoken to four people whose opinions and instincts I trust. The verdict: Three to one the Angels were NOT throwing at Andrus. They all made convincing points. I think it was more coincidence than intent.

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                    Calhoun is a liability in LF, but that is where I expect him to play, possibly platooning with Rua. That's an ugly defensive OF.
                    J
                    Sounds like DeShields is going to return sooner than expected, maybe around April 20. So that will help things.

Comment

Working...
                    X