• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Felipe Vazquez

New name in Pittsburgh pen

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
    New name in Pittsburgh pen
    Interesting article. All that ink on his arms must help distract the batters, too.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Yeah, whatever.

I wonder if the team shop will be accepting returns on all of those Rivero jerseys that they sold.
      Last edited by madducks; 04-09-2018, 09:01 PM.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Family bonds are the greatest. But am I the only one who felt the exchange with his sister sounded slightly off?

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
          Family bonds are the greatest. But am I the only one who felt the exchange with his sister sounded slightly off?
          According to that article, Rivero/Vazquez fired his agent because his sister told him to do it. Then it says that his sister negotiated his new contract. And then it finishes with a quote from Felipe: “If my sister’s happy, I’m happy too, so that’s why I do everything for her.” Sounds like sis has got everything under control.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Somehow manages to get the win today despite loading the bases in his one inning. I think I liked Felipe Rivero better.
            Last edited by B-Fly; 04-26-2018, 02:30 PM.

Comment

apparently it is common in Thai culture for the whole family to change their names for good luck.

one guy's family changed their names when he was 16. so no more "Anujit Hirunratanakorn" for him.
              the catch is that you aren't permitted to have the same last name as anyone who is not a relative.

so this teenager - who grew up to be a professional golfer and who a few weeks back played in The Masters - is now known as Paradech Aphibarnrat.
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
              X