2K18: Yonny Chirinos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K18: Yonny Chirinos

He's been lights out through two appearances and looks to have an opening in the rotation. His ML numbers are spectacular. In two deep leagues I FAAB'd him; what can we expect from him this season?

He's got good command. His stuff isn't overpowering. He's either going to go 4 innings at a time as a reliever, or 4.1 or *maybe* 5 if you're lucky as a starter. He's totally a Rays pitcher. So 100-130 innings, 3.90 ERA, 1.15 WHIP and 7 K/9 maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      So 100-130 innings, 3.90 ERA, 1.15 WHIP and 7 K/9 maybe?
      For what it's worth, that's a very valuable end of the roster pitcher in an AL Only format. I bid on him yesterday in an AL auction but he went for $4, slightly above what I could pay.

Comment

Thanks for the tip. I picked him up in my 20 team.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I think the upside is a bit limited with the low strikeouts and playing on a rebuilding team -- think of a ceiling of Fister or Jon Lieber or Brad Radke in their better years. But he can still be useful. His hr/9 rate was great in the minors, it'll be interesting to see if it holds up playing in the AL East.

Comment

Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
            I think the upside is a bit limited with the low strikeouts and playing on a rebuilding team -- think of a ceiling of Fister or Jon Lieber or Brad Radke in their better years. But he can still be useful. His hr/9 rate was great in the minors, it'll be interesting to see if it holds up playing in the AL East.
            You make a very interesting point. He did see his K/9 rate uptick to the mid-upper 7s when he hit AAA. If he can hold that with the high level of control he has, there's some serious upside.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              You make a very interesting point. He did see his K/9 rate uptick to the mid-upper 7s when he hit AAA. If he can hold that with the high level of control he has, there's some serious upside.
              It'll be interesting to see. I always worry that pitchers who don't miss a lot of bats and rely on pinpoint control are more prone to having a few starts where they go less than 4 innings and give up 6 or more runs (or the truly disastrous 1 1/3 ip, 9 run kind), and that seems more likely with the lineups he'll face regularly. To his credit, he's survived Boston twice, but it'll be interesting to see what he does when he visits Yankee stadium, Camden Yards, etc.

Comment

5 1/3 IP, 4 H, 1 BB, 0 ER, 5 Ks vs. the White Sox today. 14 1/3 scoreless IP so far to start his career.

Comment

Working...
                X