bits and pieces, and a league monitoring tool for CBS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bits and pieces, and a league monitoring tool for CBS

In my 12-team mixed I'm in first in ERA and last in WHIP. Looking forward to seeing where that settles out.

Highly-owned players going on the DL in the first play period of the season:

Yelich
    Cruz
    Myers
    Lamb
    Knebel
    Kinsler
    DeShields
    Suarez (soon)
    Bogaerts (probably)

Ugly first week.

And if your CBS-based league has rules like RJEL, where you have to take players off your team's DL as soon as they come off the real one and you have to call players up as soon as they lose rookie status if you had them in your minors, you might be interested in a monitoring tool I built for our league. It posts output like this to our league page:

DL:
    Adam Wainwright (FantasyBaseBaldo) is off DL but team hasn't adjusted.

Minors:
    AJ Reed (Putsy Caballeros) getting close: in minors but has 128 abs
    Alex Reyes (Preachers) getting close: in minors but has 46.0 ips
    Christian Arroyo (Scrapheap) getting close: in minors but has 125 abs
    Socrates Brito (Scrapheap) getting close: in minors but has 128 abs
    Carson Fulmer (Scrapheap) getting close: in minors but has 40.0 ips
    Jorge Alfaro (Green Lake Gators) violation: in minors but has 130 abs
    If you want this, there are three (3) ways I can get it to you depending on how much you trust a random guy on the Internet.

1) Too much: Send me your login and password and the URL of your league and I'll create a program you can run on your computer.
    2) Medium: I can send you a program you can run on your computer that will look in a file you create that has your login, password, and URL and create the output for you, but you'll have to trust that that's all it does.
    3) Probably the right amount even if it's extra work: I can send you the Java code that does it and you can look at the code and run it yourself, but you'll need to know how to do that or I can send you some instructions on how to install IntelliJ and make the necessary changes yourself.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Interested in (3) simply because I want to see your code too

I'll pm you

Comment

That's awesome. I'll PM you my email and you can send me the program for option 2.

Comment

I tested the option 2 solution and it seems to work well.

Unzip this somewhere, edit the config.properties file, and doubleclick the jar file. It doesn't really make it obvious that it's running though you'll be able to see a Java process in your task manager if you look, and in a minute or so an output file will appear in the folder.

In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I'm not trusting your code until we finally meet in person.....which could happen next week
          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
          X