rank the players above for the rest of the season - I can only keep one

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
    Marco Estrada
    Eduardo Rodriguez
    Alex Cobb

players coming off DL soon

rank the players above for the rest of the season - I can only keep one
    Depends on what you need.

The safest play IMO is Cobb since he's not actually injured just needed more time to get stretched out after a late signing. Likely to have the best ratios. But he has the lowest ceiling as well.
    The upside play is Rodriguez.

Is Estrada on the DL?

Comment

Estrada clearly the best to me.

Comment

I like Eduardo Rodriguez. Would take Estrada next. I just have no faith it'll go well for Cobb in Baltimore.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

People tend to forget that Cobb had 2 straight seasons of ERA's well under 3, and WHIP's in the 1.15 range before he had TJ surgery. Also had over a K per inning in those years. I think that he's really being overlooked, TB is also in the East, and he gets to face them now...
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

He used to half the starts in the one pitcher's park in the division, now he does not. Nor does Estrada; I just trust him more--he's done it in a hitter's park before.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
              He used to half the starts in the one pitcher's park in the division, now he does not. Nor does Estrada; I just trust him more--he's done it in a hitter's park before.
              I'll take my chances, those kind of stats over a two year period aren't attributable solely on the park...and I've seen Estrada destroy ratios. Mine.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

So. No consensus here gentlemen

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  I'll take my chances, those kind of stats over a two year period aren't attributable solely on the park...and I've seen Estrada destroy ratios. Mine.
                  In 8 years since he really played (he had three years of less than 13 IP), he has not had a WHIP over 1.201 in any year except last year. He may destroy an ERA, but not "ratios" unless you are going by recency bias from last year.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                    In 8 years since he really played (he had three years of less than 13 IP), he has not had a WHIP over 1.201 in any year except last year. He may destroy an ERA, but not "ratios" unless you are going by recency bias from last year.
                    OK, he can destroy 50% of your ratios...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

He's a WHIP monster and an ERA liability. Too many ding-dongs. Like Schilling very, very, very light.

Comment

Cobb
                        E-Rod
                        Estrada

I don't trust Estrada after last year. He was supposed to be better after dealing with a slipped disc in 2016. I drafted him in a mixed league and cut him after a couple months. For the season he gave up 7 ER 2X and 6 ER 5X. Another owner picked him later in the season but after a few more blowups he was dropped again.

He's a good rebound candidate, mainly because he can't be worse than he was last year. Cobb has a higher pedigree and I think E-Rod also has more upside.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                          Cobb
                          E-Rod
                          Estrada

I don't trust Estrada after last year. He was supposed to be better after dealing with a slipped disc in 2016. I drafted him in a mixed league and cut him after a couple months. For the season he gave up 7 ER 2X and 6 ER 5X. Another owner picked him later in the season but after a few more blowups he was dropped again.

He's a good rebound candidate, mainly because he can't be worse than he was last year. Cobb has a higher pedigree and I think E-Rod also has more upside.
                          Wasn't Estrada dealing with some serious personal issues last season
                          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                            Wasn't Estrada dealing with some serious personal issues last season
                            Looks like it. I hadn't heard about this. He's still a trade candidate this year (as are most Jays) so I wouldn't let him off the hook completely and will stand behind my ranking.

http://torontosun.com/sports/basebal...id-season-woes

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
                            X