2K18 James Paxton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K18 James Paxton

Not sure if this is a good sign for Paxton or not.

I like the quote from Paxton afterward:
    "I wasn't going to run," Paxton said after the game. "I figured I'm not going to outrun an eagle, so we might as well just see what happens."
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Talons in the back. That's got to hurt.

He does sort of look like a tree.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

i would've put my arm out to land, but as a pitcher that could've been dangerous.

a bird of prey as a pet is never a slave, but a partner. an eagle can pretty much take down anything it wants. it can just dive and strike the back of the head. in yellowstone where you see wolves and eagles compete for food, it's not like the eagles are lucky and the wolves let them have it.

in Mongolia they use eagles to hunt wolves. to be far the wolves in the steppe are the size of coyotes. the horses are different too. descended from the time of Genghis Khan, they too are smaller but original and are bred to survive the coldest temperatures and run for days and are the toughest horses on the planet.

when an eagle attacks a wolf it locks it's talons over it's mouth to prevent it from biting. this has been taught since the time of Marco Polo.

in Kazakhstan they have festival every year where the toughest guys on the planet get all dressed up and compete games. i just think it's funny that they get all dressed up (everyone likes to do that). you can plan a vacation there during that time. they are very friendly and they will trade you something neat for your i love NY baseball cap.

also, in Australia they use really expensive drones to map the country. the eagles there take them down. lol

Bold Eagles: Angry Birds Are Ripping $80,000 Drones Out of the Sky
      The eagles will often attack in male-female pairs, and they aren’t always deterred if their first foray fails. Sometimes they will come from behind, attack in tandem from above, or even stagger their assault. A drone operator may evade one diving eagle with an upward climb, but the second eagle can then snatch it
      it's was probably an old instinct that caused the eagle to see Paxton open in CF that caused it to behave that way.

Comment

His nickname is Big Maple. The eagle thought he was a tree.

Comment

Maybe it saw Pax's leather glove and confused it with the handler's?

Comment

Working...
          X