Ken's League - 15-team mixed hold 'em, pt. 1 - draft HDID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ken's League - 15-team mixed hold 'em, pt. 1 - draft HDID

Here's my draft entry...they say you can fix pitching with judicious use of the waiver wire. We'll see.

The offense should provide runs, ribbies and homers. Plus, I tried to balance most of the low average guys with a high average players. LeMahieu, Blackmon, Freeman, etc. to balance K. Davis, Chapman, etc. Speed should be middling. I took round discounts on a couple of hurt guys.

1B Freeman
    3B Chapman
    CI C. Davis
    2B LeMahieu
    SS Seager
    MI Albies
    OF Blackmon
    OF Kh. Davis
    OF DeShields
    OF Reddick
    OF Zimmer

C Sal Perez
    C Jesus Sucre
    U Cesar Hernandez/Kendrys Morales (pick one)

RS Altherr
    RS N. Williams
    RS Francisco Mejia

The pitching is dismal. I'm not even going to explain what happened except to say that it wasn't altogether intentional.

SP Cueto
    SP Arrieta
    SP Castillo
    SP Lynn
    SP Duffy

RP Robertson
    RP W. Harris
    RP Morrow
    RP Holland

RS M. Montgomery
    RS Joe Smith
    RS Betances

I'll play the matchups for now, use the middle relievers, and try to find some help through free agency. In the meantime I'll hope my offense will do some work.
    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
    Here's my draft entry...they say you can fix pitching with judicious use of the waiver wire. We'll see.

The offense should provide runs, ribbies and homers. Plus, I tried to balance most of the low average guys with a high average players. LeMahieu, Blackmon, Freeman, etc. to balance K. Davis, Chapman, etc. Speed should be middling. I took round discounts on a couple of hurt guys.

1B Freeman
    3B Chapman
    CI C. Davis
    2B LeMahieu
    SS Seager
    MI Albies
    OF Blackmon
    OF Kh. Davis
    OF DeShields
    OF Reddick
    OF Zimmer

C Sal Perez
    C Jesus Sucre
    U Cesar Hernandez/Kendrys Morales (pick one)

RS Altherr
    RS N. Williams
    RS Francisco Mejia

The pitching is dismal. I'm not even going to explain what happened except to say that it wasn't altogether intentional.

SP Cueto
    SP Arrieta
    SP Castillo
    SP Lynn
    SP Duffy

RP Robertson
    RP W. Harris
    RP Morrow
    RP Holland

RS M. Montgomery
    RS Joe Smith
    RS Betances

I'll play the matchups for now, use the middle relievers, and try to find some help through free agency. In the meantime I'll hope my offense will do some work.
    LOL...I think that the starting pitching isn't nearly as bad as you may think...the problem lies in the fact that you don't really have a #1 or a #2, but you have five #3 starters, IMO. They'll be fine, but they aren't going to win you anything, but then again, they probably won't lose you anything either. I think that you have 2, maybe 3 closers, and that's good in a 15 teamer, the other are going to get you help in ratios and K's, so good there.

Your hitting is very good, great average potential really good speed potential, but you may need more power. In a league that size, you need a bit more power than I think you have...so to that respect, I'd probably play Morales over Hernandez if that's a choice that you need to make.

Too bad you've been bit by the injury bug already, but maybe that's what you were referring to when you said you took round discounts. If so, smart play on your part, both guys should be back by the middle of May. Solid to very good team, IMO. Don't beat yourself up on the pitching, it is the easiest thing to find.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

The team looks good to me; even the pitching seems okay, if not special. Of course, when you draft Freddie and Albies, I am probably going to like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        I think that the starting pitching isn't nearly as bad as you may think...the problem lies in the fact that you don't really have a #1 or a #2, but you have five #3 starters, IMO. They'll be fine, but they aren't going to win you anything, but then again, they probably won't lose you anything either.
        I agree, although Arrieta and Castillo both have a chance of being SP2.

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        Your hitting is very good, great average potential really good speed potential, but you may need more power. In a league that size, you need a bit more power than I think you have...so to that respect, I'd probably play Morales over Hernandez if that's a choice that you need to make.
        Agree here as well - Redbirds' team is average or above in every offensive category but the power categories are closer to the middle than the R/SB/AVG. Either way it's a top 5 offense for sure.

Comment

Like your hitting - not as strong as Ken's team on the surface, but it's still a strong hitting team in a 15-team league. Altherr to fill in for DeShields while he's out will be a short-term dropoff in speed, but should net you more power. I like your options at UT, and having Cesar around helps you if you want to make a deal with one of your other 2Bs to get help elsewhere.

Your pitching is high risk, and you could end up just about anywhere from very good to very bad. Clearly, you need Arrieta and Cueto to be decent #2 type SPs again, Castillo has to live up to some of his promise, Duffy's elbow needs to stay intact, and Lynn just can't suck...and you'll be very good. OTOH, if Arrieta, Cueto and Lynn perform like last year, Duffy's elbow goes boom, and Castillo stays about the same...it won't be pretty. Your relievers are very good, though if Cishek's still hanging out there (which I doubt, but still), I'd go get him. I like Joe Smith, but I'd rather handcuff Morrow, and Cishek isn't much of a downgrade from Smith.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            I like your options at UT, and having Cesar around helps you if you want to make a deal with one of your other 2Bs to get help elsewhere.
            No trades allowed in this league

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            Your relievers are very good, though if Cishek's still hanging out there (which I doubt, but still), I'd go get him. I like Joe Smith, but I'd rather handcuff Morrow, and Cishek isn't much of a downgrade from Smith.
            He's available

Comment

Working...
            X