15 team mixed draft HDID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 team mixed draft HDID

2nd year back to doing a draft every year after doing auctions exclusively for a decade. This is a startup league I started because the draft league I was in last year was a great concept but poorly executed. So I'm running my own.

Note, this is a NO TRADES league. So it's draft and FAAB only.

A couple other RJ posters are in the league.

Projections like this team, and I'm okay with it. Some risk at the top with Stanton, but balanced out with Rizzo/Yelich in the next couple rounds. I love this offense. Power, speed, upside, reliability.
    The pitching is weak. I like my mid round guys in Godley, Faria, Corbin, Gray, Porcello, but there's a glaring black hole at SP2. But that was the price for having this type offense. I'm going to have to work the waivers for some starters and maybe stream some. Got some cheap closers (and one next in line in Bear Claw).

C Molina, Yadier
    C Vazquez, Christian
    1B Rizzo, Anthony
    2B Merrifield, Whit
    3B Devers, Rafael
    SS Crawford, Brandon
    CI Bell, Josh
    MI Villar, Jonathan
    OF Stanton, Giancarlo
    OF Yelich, Christian
    OF Upton, Justin
    OF Smith, Mallex
    OF Grichuk, Randal

P Archer, Chris
    P Godley, Zack
    P Gray, Jon
    P Faria, Jake
    P Corbin, Patrick
    P Porcello, Rick
    P Marquez, German
    P Davis, Wade
    P Greene, Shane
    P Kela, Keone

B Dietrich, Derek
    B Austin, Tyler
    B Parra, Gerardo
    B Barraclough, Kyle
    B Gohara, Luiz
    B Gonzales, Marco

Just my 2nd draft in recent history (last year's draft team won the 15 team league), how did I do this year?

Hitting is very good. If Villar and Mallex and Grichuk have decent years your hitting will be league leading.

I'm not sold on Archer as SP1. He is a plus in basically one category (k's). But you have a nice set of other SP's. I also have Shane Greene and shudder at the thought of depending on him!

Looks very solid overall.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      I'm not sold on Archer as SP1. He is a plus in basically one category (k's). But you have a nice set of other SP's. I also have Shane Greene and shudder at the thought of depending on him!
      I don't disagree - the pitching is not strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
        I don't disagree - the pitching is not strong.
        It's more high-risk; it has the potential to be strong. OTOH, you could be short on wins and your ratios could crater pretty badly. No matter what, you'll be strong in K's. I think Godley will be a legit #2 for you, but you need three of the next five to make some major improvements over last year and the other two to be delightfully mediocre and just not be terrible.

Your other risk is you may also need to mine the waiver wire for closers. I like the cheap pick-ups you made, but realistically, you'll need to stay on top of the closer situation since 2 of your 3 are not overly secure in their roles.

The offense is beastly.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          It's more high-risk; it has the potential to be strong. OTOH, you could be short on wins and your ratios could crater pretty badly. No matter what, you'll be strong in K's.
          Good points, you are right on the ratios potentially cratering.

I think Godley will be a legit #2 for you
          Me too - but trying to be a little quiet on him for a few more days, I have 2 more mixed leagues to draft and competitors on RJ

you need three of the next five to make some major improvements over last year and the other two to be delightfully mediocre and just not be terrible.
          Good analysis. I think Gray/Faria/Porcello improve on 2017. The other two I spots just need to not crater. Corbin doing a pretty good job so far today.

Your other risk is you may also need to mine the waiver wire for closers. I like the cheap pick-ups you made, but realistically, you'll need to stay on top of the closer situation since 2 of your 3 are not overly secure in their roles.
          Yes, that's the result of not spending much on closers, they are higher risk of losing their jobs than a typical team. But since all closers are high risk it's a risk I'm okay with (since we really don't have much of a choice, might as well save resources for other positions).

But you are right, I'm always looking at the wire for potential closers.

The offense is beastly.
          Thanks.

Comment

I am going to waive a caution flag. Your middle IF is very thin. Crawford will play because of his defense, but might contribute a negative in a 15 league. Merrifield is a regression risk. Frankly, I look at him to be your MI, which makes Villar a risky 2B with upside. Behind that you only have Dietrich. I would also be concerned with Grichuck's playing time long term. If Teoscar Hernandez is available, I would get him on the bench.

Love the catchers.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
              I am going to waive a caution flag. Your middle IF is very thin. Crawford will play because of his defense, but might contribute a negative in a 15 league. Merrifield is a regression risk. Frankly, I look at him to be your MI, which makes Villar a risky 2B with upside. Behind that you only have Dietrich. I would also be concerned with Grichuck's playing time long term. If Teoscar Hernandez is available, I would get him on the bench.

Love the catchers.

J
              Good information that I can use. Thank you!!

Looking forward to seeing Redbirds and Art Vandalay's discussions about their draft and auction.
              Last edited by Ken; 04-05-2018, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X