• Show
Clear All

• Farm draft rank these guys - no peeking 12to guys

Luis Urias 2B SD
    Colton Welker 3B Col
    Carter Kieboom SS Was
    Mackenzie Gore P SD
    Mike Soroka P Atl

Do you care about them being in the majors this year? I've seen a handful of scouts/prospect writers (Law, Fangraphs) gush about Gore; I think FG compared Gore to Strasburg in terms of minor league dominance. But he's probably at least a year or two away.

Probably Gore, Kieboom, Soroka, Welker, Urias. Urias is a good prospect but not for fantasy; he doesn't have power or speed, his upside is probably DJ LeMahieu in a worse lineup in a worse park.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I agree with mjl's rankings and assessment of Gore. I might flip Soroka and Kieboom, cuz Soroka is ready as soon as ATL wants to find room for him. The only worry I have with Soroka is they have so much pitching, he may have to perform well right away or they will hook him.

Comment

yeah, I'm mostly out on ATL pitchers and MIL hitters because they have so damn many that it's hard to guess who's going to be relevant.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Well Kieboom (great name for a hitter) is gone. I'm in full rebuild mode as I took over a team devoid of pretty much anything. There is one up now and then I'm next.

Comment

Yeah - I took Kieboom over Gore mainly as a bias towards offense as I have been burned so many times on the top pitching prospect. That being said everything I have read on Gore is extremely positive so I was very tempted. There is some risk to Kieboom getting dealt if Wash goes all in this year but otherwise he seems a great bet to stay on the dirt and hit.

Comment

Well the 3 top hitters which I was hoping one would fall were Ortiz, Hiura then Kieboom (could shorten his name to K-Boom). I have the same sentiment towards pitching but like you I also read some good stuff on him.

Comment

It was between Gore and Ortiz for me, and I took the hitter upside. Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to have Gore, but it's just a lot easier to find adequate to good pitching than it is to find a (hopefully) stud bat.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Out of curiosity, which Ortiz are you referring to?

Comment

Jhalin

Comment

Working...
                    X