Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rizzo

position eligibility

CBS has Anthony Rizzo as having played 10 games at 2b last season. Was he actually a 2nd baseman with another player at first or was he just stationed in the position the 2nd baseman would normally be in on a shift, with first base vacant?

He was shifted, but why does that matter for your purposes? Just curiosity?

It might feel fluky. It might feel wrong. But for his Fantasy owners, Anthony Rizzo bags second-base eligibility for Fantasy, Chris Towers explains in his weekly update.

It doesn't make much sense, but Anthony Rizzo is now officially second base eligible in CBSSports.com leagues. He got there Wednesday against the Padres, his fifth appearance at the position. Officially.

Kind of. Rizzo gets his second-base eligibility through a side door, basically. The Cubs cover some bunt situations with Rizzo playing in, and the typical second baseman covering first base. Some umpires require the Cubs to make an official switch when this occurs – it actually started late last season when Pirates manager Clint Hurdle complained.

Comment

This is sooo dumb. We changed our rules to games started to prevent Rizzo from getting 2B eligibility.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
        This is sooo dumb.
        I think these kind of quirks are fun.

It's a game!

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
          This is sooo dumb. We changed our rules to games started to prevent Rizzo from getting 2B eligibility.
          He ain't no second baseman - it is dumb

Did he actually make a play and throw it to ??

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            He was shifted, but why does that matter for your purposes? Just curiosity?

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/ba...base-eligible/
            Somewhat for curiosity but also to determine if I should complain to cbs about it. If the umpires required that he be officially moved to second I can't fault CBS.

Comment

Does anyone know if he will get to 10 games played again this year? We use ESPN, so in getting to 10, he got it late last year, but doesn't have it now, because you need 20 from the previous year. Will he get to 10 again?

Comment

Manager hasn't changed, scoring rules haven't changed, I would think so.
                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                  Manager hasn't changed, scoring rules haven't changed, I would think so.
                  It was a pretty close call last year--he didn't get it till very late. I agree, he should have it, but as an owner, I do hope he gets there again .

BTW, dumb question. I ever figured out how to track hi games played last year as I anxiously awaited him getting to 10. Where is that info? Can't find it on espn or baseball reference. I can only see 1 game at 2b, which I assume is games started?

Comment

It's in the "Standard Fielding" section of bbref. https://www.baseball-reference.com/p...fielding::none
                    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                      It's in the "Standard Fielding" section of bbref. https://www.baseball-reference.com/p...fielding::none
                      Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
                        Somewhat for curiosity but also to determine if I should complain to cbs about it. If the umpires required that he be officially moved to second I can't fault CBS.
                        Nothing for CBS to do - their rules (like all other hosting sites) are based on games played at a particular position. MLB reports that Rizzo played 10 at 2B. What are we wanting CBS to do, disagree with MLB about MLB stats?

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                          He ain't no second baseman - it is dumb
                          Is it also dumb that you can have 7 starting pitchers "start" a game on your fantasy roster?

I guess I just abstract it away - we aren't managing real baseball teams, we are managing "fantasy" baseball teams. And in the fantasy world, Rizzo can be a second baseman.

To much heartburn to try to equate it exactly with MLB. It is never going to be MLB. And we should be glad that is the case. It is a game. It's pretty damn fun! Lets all relax and enjoy it.

Comment

Working...
                          X