Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What players do you own multiple shares of?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What players do you own multiple shares of?

I play 1 AL Only, and 2 NL Only leagues. I started thinking I should stay away from buying the same players over multiple leagues, so that if your core group tanks, you don't fall out of multiple leagues. However, sometimes you wanna double-dip on that player you think everybody else undervalues. Who did you buy across multiple leagues, and for how much?

Hernan Perez - $3X (kept for a final cheap season, hoping 15 HR/20 SB. Regret not keeping Scherzer $47 instead, as he went $58 at auction)... bought H. Perez $9 in my other NL Only. Also like his positional flexibility. 3B/OF is a sweet mix. Value relies largely on SB's. Hope he's frisky.
    Tyler Mahle - $8 and $12... I have a major affection for 60+ control guys, and believe they transition to productive SP's quicker. Hence my overpay, twice. Would've been very upset if he got sent down and I lost him in 2 leagues, but I had faith in Mahle's spring performance and Cincy's lack of options.
    Edubray Ramos - $1 and RSV rd. 4... The Philly bullpen has a couple nice looking vets (Neshek, Hunter), but if Neris goes down, I like Ramos as a flyer to take over as closer. Extremely bad luck last year, but upped his K's. Costs nothing.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

2 leagues with Greg Bird, which is working out swimmingly.

Also I'm in on Max Scherzer in my 3 biggest leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      2 leagues with Greg Bird, which is working out swimmingly.

Also I'm in on Max Scherzer in my 3 biggest leagues.
      Very interesting! Scherzer does have a pretty incredible record for durability the last few years... it would just be a shame if he breaks, and crushes 3 of your teams chances.

At least with Bird he didn't cost 1/4 of your team's salary.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Ian Happ 2 leagues, and I wish I had more.

Edwin Diaz in 2 as well, fine with that.

LoMo in two...price is right.

Marcus Semien 2 leagues...slated to lead off this year, I smell breakout.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

I am in 2 leagues.

I have Peraza, Margot, K. Seager, W. Castillo on both. For no real reason...
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I still have 2 more auctions to go but here is my overlap:
            - Taijuan Walker (12-team NL & 15-team mixed)
            - Corey Dickerson (12-team NL & 15-team mixed thus far)
            - Matt Shoemaker (12-team AL & 15-team mixed)
            - Mitch Haniger (12-team AL & 15-team mixed)
            - Kyle Schwarber (12-team NL & 15-team mixed)
            - Byron Buxton (12-team AL & 15-team mixed)
            - Ozzie Albies (18-team mixed & 15-team mixed)

I'd say each were targets to varying extents and won't surprise me if I add a few more shares of some in upcoming 18-team mixed and 10-team NL auctions. Most bullish on: Walker, Buxton, Albies & Schwarber

Comment

in one NL, one AL, and two mixed, one of which hasn't drafted yet. not counting a dynasty league that I just took over a team in so I didn't have a lot of decisions I could make.

3 out of 3 possible: Pham

2 out of 3 possible: Cespedes, Alonso, LeMahieu, Flaherty, Gallo, Treinen
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I've only had one draft so far, but I got Ohtani and can use him as a pitcher or hitter since it is a CBS league. Per Yahoo, it is owning him twice. Does that count?

Comment

J.T. Realmuto
                  Paul Goldschmidt
                  Matt Olsen
                  Christian Yelich
                  Luis Castillo
                  Chase Anderson
                  Jack Flaherty

Three leagues (20, 16, 12) with a lot of overlap.

J
                  Last edited by onejayhawk; 03-28-2018, 10:57 AM.
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

It's looking like my fantasy season hinges on the continued performance and health of 34-year-old Joey Votto.

Comment

Now that I'm all done with my drafts (four 12-team NL-ony and RJEL, which is an 18-team mixed), here are my multiple shares:

Five out of five leagues: NONE
                      Four out of five leagues: DDietrich. A little surprising to me, because I wasn't especially targeting him, but he always seemed to drop below where I thought he should go. I think the most I paid for him was $3.
                      Three out of five leagues: THundley, CBellinger, HBader, CKnebel, CMartinez, AWood, TWilliams, AMinter, HNeris. This is where you can really see my thinking. CBellinger and HBader were minor league picks, by and large. I pinned CMartinez as a below-value ace. I usually spend on $1 on a catcher, AND I try to have at least one Giant on my team, so the $1 Giants backup catcher is a way to maintain team loyalty without it negatively affecting my fantasy teams. AWood, HNeris, and CKnebel were low-cost risks from last year or the year before and TWilliams and AMinter are those this year.
                      Two out of five leagues: TMurphy, PDeJong, JPanik, ADuvall, JCueto, CAnderson, JSherfy, DPeters, WDifo, VCaratini, WFlores, RBraun, BHamilton, NSenzel, ZDavies, AReyes, LGohara, CGonzalez, BGoodwin, MAdams, TWalker, JHicks, TAnderson. A mixed bag here. Two of these are my $1 catcher grabs. Three are WAS bench players that I targeted actively in scrub times. A few of these are guys I weren't targeting at all, but fell to me when I thought the price was right: CGonzalez, TWalker, and JCueto.
                      Some guys I got only one share of, but actively targeted: TMahle, BCrawford, GCooper, AEaton, CSantana, and JdeGrom.

Comment

2 large mixed leagues and 1 AL Only and 1 NL only

Yadi Molina in 3 leagues. Kept him in 2 and bought him back in one
                        Roberto Osuna - kept him in 2 leagues
                        Elvis Andrus - keeper in 2 leagues
                        Ozzie Albies - keeper in 2 leagues
                        Carl Edwards - kept in 1 bought back in 1.
                        Chad Pinder - $1 buy in 2 leagues

So in the end I didn't really use any of my big buys this year on the same guys, but that is not too surprising as these are all keeper leagues and some of the player pool was eliminated before the auction in each league.

Comment

Only in 2 NL leagues. Leone and Chen. I was really hoping Leone would grab the closer job but Holland put an en end to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                            It's looking like my fantasy season hinges on the continued performance and health of 34-year-old Joey Votto.
                            This post has aged exquisitely. Votto tanked a lotta teams this year!

Comment

I owned Jose Ramizez in 3/4 leagues this year. I won 2 of them. I also owned Kluber in 2 leagues, 1 was with Ramirez (did not win either).

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
                              X