Fangraphs auction calculator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fangraphs auction calculator

Finally took the time to enter the players in my NL-only auction into this and it worked out quite well. Now that I'm trying to use it for my 10-team AL-only? Not so much.

Since free agents default to $10 in this league and there are no long-term contracts there is much less inflation than in a normal keeper league, but the dollar values they're spitting out seem pretty ridiculous. For instance, Trout went for $62 last year but this auction calculator only has him projected for $31. Most of the keepers entered so far are above their projected dollar values but obviously this won't be a reliable projection on draft day.

In the short-term, I'm trying to decide whether to keep the following guys:

Segura - $32
    Dozier - $35
    Encarnacion - $36
    Kipnis - $20

As of now I'm keeping a bunch of guys at $10 or below (besides Kluber at $28) so carrying one or maybe two expensive guys wouldn't be the worst idea but I don't want to waste money on guys who I could get cheaper during the auction. Thoughts?

If there's not much inflation, I don't see a lot of profit in those numbers. In my 10-team AL with ~25-30% inflation they went for:
    Segura - $24
    Dozier - kept at $28
    EE - $28
    Kipnis - $15

Comment

Can you post the link for your calculator? That doesn't look right at all.
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
        Finally took the time to enter the players in my NL-only auction into this and it worked out quite well. Now that I'm trying to use it for my 10-team AL-only? Not so much.
        This is disheartening, as my league freezes tomorrow night and I was masochistically looking forward to punching it all in to fangraphs.
        One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

Working...
        X