No announcement yet.

This year's NFBC adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting. I’ll attribute it to players in the early 2nd rd having huge seasons, compared to players in later in the 2nd rd.

Early 2nd rd huge players: Freeman, Ramirez, Lindor, Judge, Machado, JD Martinez
    Late 2nd rd huge players: deGrom, Severino

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      Interesting. I’ll attribute it to players in the early 2nd rd having huge seasons, compared to players in later in the 2nd rd.

Early 2nd rd huge players: Freeman, Ramirez, Lindor, Judge, Machado, JD Martinez
      Late 2nd rd huge players: deGrom, Severino
      Agree, the 1st place team right now went Scherzer/Ramirez

Comment

My team has crept barely into the money on the league side, in 3rd place, still not close on the overall.

Glanced at the overall standings this morning, out of 2670 teams, there's a guy named Ronald Vackar who is in 1st. He entered 6 teams. The amazing thing is that he's also in 2nd. 1st place team is Sale/JRam/Carrasco, 2nd place team is Scherzer/Machado/Marte.

Comment

How much is the entrance fee for this?
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
            How much is the entrance fee for this?
            Depends on what you want your league prize to be. I'm in the "draft champions" portion of NFBC this year.

My league is 15 team $150 entry fee and I split it with a co-owner so $75. The payouts for my league are $100/$375/$125.

Each league contributes to a larger OVERALL pool as well, which pays $30K for 1st, $6K for 2nd, $5K for 3rd, etc

However, there are other leagues within "draft champions" that cost $400 to enter - the jackpot prizes are the same ($30K/etc), but the local league prizes are higher obviously. And there are $1000 entry fee leagues as well.

And that's just draft, there's also the main event, online championship, cutline championship, and auction championship

Comment

Well, it looks like the overall title was really just a silly dream for me. After getting as high as 11th overall, I had so many players go into the tank on this team: Odubel Herrera, Brian Dozier, Bud Norris, Kenta Maeda especially - I am all the way down to 60-something overall, but thankfully still way ahead in my individual league.

Hope you guys have made great comebacks!

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                Well, it looks like the overall title was really just a silly dream for me. After getting as high as 11th overall, I had so many players go into the tank on this team: Odubel Herrera, Brian Dozier, Bud Norris, Kenta Maeda especially - I am all the way down to 60-something overall, but thankfully still way ahead in my individual league.
                Overall top 75 is still VERY impressive. And a league win will be a nice payback, too.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                X