Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dinelson Lamet out Until mid-May (3-25-18)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinelson Lamet out Until mid-May (3-25-18)

Elbow soreness, uh oh. I really like him this year, too.

Well that isn't good at all. A lot of people liked him as a sleeper.

Comment

That news came out minutes after I won him for $12.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
        That news came out minutes after I won him for $12.
        ::

Comment

He went for $18 Sunday in our mixed 14 teamer with $300 budget. I dropped out of the bidding when it reached the teens.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

So the Padres rotation wasn't exactly deep to begin with. Richard, Perdomo, Brian Mitchell... Tyson Ross? Matt Strahm? Joey Lucchesi who is apparently a pitcher and not a Sopranos character?

Comment

condolences for Pitbull are in order

04.13: Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union Tribune reports that Dinelson Lamet has been diagnosed with a torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow and will undergo Tommy John surgery. (That not only ends the right-hander's 2018 season, but effectively sidelines him for the 2019 season as well. It's a tough break for the Padres and for fantasy owners who invested in the high-strikeout potential of the 25-year-old hurler.)
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Can anyone explain how he wasn’t diagnosed with the tear a month ago? What happened since March 25th to aggravate it further?

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                  condolences for Pitbull are in order

04.13: Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union Tribune reports that Dinelson Lamet has been diagnosed with a torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow and will undergo Tommy John surgery. (That not only ends the right-hander's 2018 season, but effectively sidelines him for the 2019 season as well. It's a tough break for the Padres and for fantasy owners who invested in the high-strikeout potential of the 25-year-old hurler.)
                  I thought at the time it was a good buy but now it puts a damper on my pitching. Going to have to make a deal for a starter at some point.

Comment

$12 for a healthy Lamet was not crazy.
                    a rival of mine kept him for $10 AFTER he first went on DL. that seemed like a reach
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Can anyone explain how he wasn’t diagnosed with the tear a month ago? What happened since March 25th to aggravate it further?
                      It's not been a month. Swelling can take a while to go down, as can reporting of this news (because sometimes neither the team nor the player releases it). I doubt it is anything more than that. Once I heard the injury, I assumed TJ.

Comment

If I had read that while bidding you would have heard a loud squeaking noise which would have been me slamming on the brakes. The problem is your rival didn't have the information he needed and the Padres made it sound like he was progressing towards even coming back sooner than expected. The lesson here is if a pitcher is out for a long length of time and very little information is released expect the worse.

Comment

Working...
                        X