Another 12 Team AL only HDID?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another 12 Team AL only HDID?

Another HDID from the weekend AL only auction...a 12 team 5x5 with traditional categories, including 2 catchers, but daily moves. I came into the auction with a very strong keeper list, IMO, and a plan to focus on pitching, and punt catching. I think that I did this fairly well, even with a stumble and short 6 bucks from having to cut Britton so I could keep a 2 dollar LoMo. And then I won Austin Hays at 12 bucks, and promptly lost him when he was sent down on Saturday. So that's essentially 18 bucks that went down the crapper. But like I said, I had a strong keeper list...in bold.

Hitting

C Max Stassi Hou 2
    C Sandy Leon Bos 1 buck
    1B Logan Morrison Min 2 bucks
    2B Rougned Odor Tex 15 bucks
    SS Carlos Correa Hou 25 bucks
    3B Miguel Sano Min 10 bucks
    MI Yoan Moncada CWS 5 bucks
    CI Yonder Alonso Cle 3 bucks
    OF Andrew Benintendi Bos 5 bucks
    OF Ben Gamel Sea 2 bucks
    OF Steve Pearce Tor 1 buck
    OF Colby Rasmus Bal 2 bucks
    OF Justin Upton LAA 44 bucks
    U Aledmys Diaz SS Tor 2 bucks
    R Austin Hays OF Bal 12 bucks

Pitching

Carlos Carrasco Cle 13 bucks
    Craig Kimbrel Bos 24 bucks
    Charlie Morton Hou 8 bucks
    Chris Archer TB 36 bucks
    Lance Lynn Min 15 bucks
    Ervin Santana Min 10 bucks
    Nate Eovaldi TB 4 bucks
    Will Harris Hou 4 bucks
    Kenyan Middleton LAA 1 buck
    Emilio Pagan Oak 4 bucks
    James Pazos Sea 1 buck
    David Robertson NYY 7 bucks
    Hector Rondon Hou 1 buck

So as you can see, I lost 18 bucks...that hurt, but I didn't feel it at the time Wish I had thought ahead, but every web site I looked at showed Hays as the starter in the OF for Baltimore. I guess that I should be happy that I got rasmus cheap, since he's going to play a lot now, but not having that power and average of Hays is going to hurt. Like getting Archer for 36, it was actually kind of a bargain. And Upton at 44 was cheap as well, considering.

Go ahead and rip it up...tell me where I need to improve. Thanks!
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Wow...that’s a very fine team for a 12-team AL only. The pitching, especially, is impressive.

You have BA risk with Odor, Sano, and Rasmus. SBs arent terrible, but they aren’t great either. But you have great power and counting stats.

Can’t rip on you at all for this team. You have a legitimate contender.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Looks like a contender, like the flip side of the other team I saw from this league (assuming it is the same league). You have the pitching, but man, that $18 could have helped in hitting.

Comment

You are in a great spot and I expect you to be hard to beat. Sano not getting any suspension is a big help and your offense is a top 1/3 offense. The pitching is so much better than mine that I don't know that I can close that gap. Love the 5 SP's you have at the top for an AL only. Kimbrel will keep you in saves until someone dumps and then you can fill that gap. Odds on favorite and who I would bet on to win. Also you will win the 3 year

Comment

I think offense should have been spread around a bit more, taking the $56 from Upton/Hays and spreading $15-$22 each among 3 spots, but stars and scrubs was clearly your preference. Only 1 hitter auctioned that will stick for the season (Upton $44), with 2 zeroes at catcher, plus holes to upgrade Rasmus, Pearce, Gamel, Diaz, but 6 holes surrounded by studs should buoy the team until trade season, so it's a manageable problem.

Pitching is great, as it should be costing you $128... I like the top 5 SP, but I'm not a believer in the 6th (Eovaldi $4), and you could be slightly short on W's and K's, given Santana is out to start the year. Not super short on W or K, still top 1/3rd... but for $128 I'd like to see more SP depth, or a 2nd CP. Middleton for $1 is a better save spec pick than $4 Pagan, $4 Harris, or $7 Robertson... I would have scraped those 3 together and pushed for another $10-$15 SP, or another bat in the same price range. I like the RP's, but I'd prefer lesser $1 flyers with the ability to get 1 more proven asset.

That's all quibbling though. Tough team to beat, but I look forward to the challenge.
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

I'm betting that I can get a .250 average, 15 homers, and 50 RBI out of my catchers. Not great, but not a black hole either, especially since Stassi could end up playing 60 games or so as the primary backup to an aging McCann. I don't see Rasmus or Gamel as holes either. Both should get at least 400 AB's, maybe more, with positive production. Diaz and Pearce clearly are negatives, but Pearce was supposed to be nothing more than an emergency backup to Hays, that was the fatal flaw.

But I see your points and I appreciate the feedback,,,
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
            X