Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDID: 10-team mixer

5x5 H2H

In a league this shallow, every team looks like an All Star team, so roster and bench makeup come into play.

Love the team, obviously. My plan was to wait on closers, but Rivero was still out there in the 11th round (106th) so I decided to grab him, and Doolittle in the 14th.

Acuna wasn't on my radar but in round 16 he popped into my ADP window and we plan to implement keepers this year, so I moved him to the top of my queue and got him.

Funny moment, I had KCalhoun at the top of my queue, and was trying to add Grichuk, when my turn came up and I ended up drafting Grichuk. Calhoun stuck around until my next pick.

For reserves I decided on 2 sticks and 3 arms, one being a 4th closer. I went with Leone over Greene, Soria/NJones, Bedrosian, Rodney, Boxberger, Kela. There will be closers on the WW for half the season in this league. 4 might be overkill and depending on matchups and performance I might drop one.

Willie Calhoun was around so I stashed him in the reserve rounds.

IF: Molina Hoskins JRamirez Bryant TTurner Gordon Castellanos
    OF KDavis Eaton CTaylor Kiermaier KCalhoun Shaw Grichuk
    B: Acuna, WCalhoun

SP: Severino Quintana Nola Weaver Chatwood TWalker Taillon Clevinger
    RP: Rivero Doolittle Neris Leone

Obviously a stacked team. Any weaknesses? I know Acuna is worth stashing, what about Willie?
    Last edited by virgonomic; 03-27-2018, 08:15 PM.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Any thoughts here? It's easy to critique a team with weaknesses. Challenge yourselves!

Comment

I would have taken Greene over Leone. Gregerson will be the closer when he's back.

How's that?
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

How does your power stack up? Little light in this format?

Comment

I don't think Willie Calhoun is enough of an impact guy to keep around until he comes up. But then again, your OF doesn't look good at all for a 10-team mixer, so maybe he is worth a stash for this year. I like him better than Cole Kalhoun, Grichuk, or Kiermaier. I like Leone more than most. I like your SPs. I would consider moving Hoskins to OF and picking up a corner guy for Kole Calhoun or Grichuk. LoMo maybe? There might even be better 2Bs to move Gordon instead.

Comment

Leone vs. Gregerson will be something to watch. I will be days ahead of the league WRT any closer changes.

I forgot that Shaw is my second UT, so there is more power. Duda is the best FA power bat. I noticed I have tons of speed so I can look to move Gordon or J-Ram for a power upgrade.

I will definitely watch the WW for guys who go on a power trip.

Comment

Working...
            X