2k24: St. Louis Cardinals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    So is Hicks actually the closer or what? I like Giovanny Gallegos quite a bit and am wondering whether to burn a mid-late round pick on him...
    No formal announcement yet, but with Hicks touching 99-100 MPH again, the betting line so far is that he'll be the guy if not immediately, at least soon after the season starts.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      No formal announcement yet, but with Hicks touching 99-100 MPH again, the betting line so far is that he'll be the guy if not immediately, at least soon after the season starts.
      Yeah, I think the velocity and Shildt's desire to give him the job will make him the closer pretty quickly.

Feel better about Lane and Williams benefiting from Bader's injury now that I see Matt Carpenter is literally 1-for-30 in spring (7 walks, 13 Ks)

Comment

• Johan Oviedo will get a shot as a SP over the next three weeks. Given the state of the Cards rotation, he has a possibility - a slim one - of working his way into a SP slot.

Comment

• thisguy owns $2 lottery tickets on Gant and Kim. will tear up either or both, as needed
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
            thisguy owns $2 lottery tickets on Gant and Kim. will tear up either or both, as needed
            Might be good with both. Or neither. I've never seen the Cardinals rotation be more in question - Waino has been inconsistent, CMart showed some signs of life in his last start, Kim's fresh off an injury, and Gant has allowed a lot of runners.

Comment

• Mikolas back to the IL with a forearm strain and more ominously, meeting with Dr Andrews about a “second opinion.”

Comment

• Harrison Bader made a diving catch attempt and rolled over the ball, and in the process broke a rib. It's a hairline fracture, but I can't imagine this is a standard 2- week recovery. 3-4 weeks?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Harrison Bader made a diving catch attempt and rolled over the ball, and in the process broke a rib. It's a hairline fracture, but I can't imagine this is a standard 2- week recovery. 3-4 weeks?
                  Starling Marte has been out since April 18 with a non-displaced rib fracture. It sounds like a similar injury. Marte started his minor league rehab on Tuesday. He will probably be close to missing 6 weeks when he is activated.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• fwiw

05.25... Cardinals manager Mike Shildt said he's hopeful Harrison Bader (rib) won't be out much longer than 10 days.
                    Spin: Bader landed on the 10-day injured list Tuesday after suffering a hairline fracture in the right part of his rib cage when he slid on top of a ball while trying to make a diving catch in the outfield Monday night in Chicago. Dylan Carlson will likely serve as the Cardinals' everyday center fielder while Bader is on the mend, with Justin Williams, Lane Thomas, and John Nogowski getting more run in the corner spots.
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• From RW:

Giovanny Gallegos was forced to switch hats during Wednesday's game by umpire Joe West due to a substance on the brim of the right-hander's cap.

This needs to happen more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                        From RW:

Giovanny Gallegos was forced to switch hats during Wednesday's game by umpire Joe West due to a substance on the brim of the right-hander's cap.

This needs to happen more often.
                        Agreed. And his manager yelled at the ump (Joe West) when it happened.

Comment

• Dang, Joe West doing something….positive?!?

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            Dang, Joe West doing something….positive?!?
                            Another sign the Apocalypse is upon us.
                            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Jack Flaherty tore his oblique while batting, will probably be out a couple of months. #ThanksManfred

Comment

• The Cards have one of the more unique staffs I've seen in awhile. ELEVEN of their pitchers have a BB/9 rate over 5.0, and five of their six starting pitchers have a K/9 rate under 8.7.

By contrast, the Marlins don't have ANY active pitchers with a BB/9 rate over 4.7.

Comment

Working...
                                X