No announcement yet.

2k24: St. Louis Cardinals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uh oh, Tyler Lyons to the DL with a strain in his throwing elbow.

Comment

i trolled 2 people at once!

..i wasn't really trolling.

it means i like you

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        Nully's post might be the greatest in RJ history on the Baseball Forum.
        It’s up there definitely.

Comment

Martinez doesn't look right since he came off the DL. In his last start, he allegedly purposefully took something off his pitches for fear of getting hurt again. He didn't consult the team first. This start was awful, with 7 walks.

Comment

Tough guy Paul DeJong looks like he'll be activated tomorrow or Saturday.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Cards Fire Matheny...long overdue. Totally toxic clubhouse by recent reports.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

I tried to buy low on Fowler a couple of weeks ago - only to find out that Matheny hadn't talked to him in months.

I also have the rotting corpse of Pham, but it seems like no one can save him.

still, I give a thumbs up.
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Sounds like the players with the exception of Norris didn't care for his "old school" approach. There is nothing good about coming to work in an environment like that. Bottom line is if you aren't winning then you aren't employed. Cards management expect winning.

Comment

Not winning + drama = firing. What surprised me was the scope of the firings - my count had four publicly fired.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

i picked up Jose Martinez at the beginning of the season based on his yahoo profile picture. i was thinking of Rube Waddell when i saw it. and i'm not making fun of intellectually challenged people, which Jose Martinez doesn't appear to be. but when i saw his pic i thought Big Dummy! so i always call him that whenever i mention him. i was channeling Waddell. it's why i picked him up and why i never dropped him.

Comment

Big Dummy doesn't like to sit on the bench. i don't know wtf the cardinals are doing. i think they were playing Fowler against righties because they lacked a lot of left-handed hitters. and Fowler sucks against RHP. he used to be pretty good against LHP. and i also thought big dummy was good against LHP. his splits from last year suggested it. and you have Gyorko, who annihilates LHP.

it's like when i noticed in the beginning of the year almost everyone in the Rockies OF bat left-handed. i blame the GM. idk

Comment

Cards looked so bad on D last night, even with Martinez on the bench.

Comment

Jose Martinez was benched for the third-straight game since Mike Shildt took over, and there’s talks that he could even be traded to an American League team “at some point” according to John Mozeliak.
                            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Martinez is starting on the Fox national game tonight

#showcase
                              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I have a St Louis fan in my keeper league. I own Jack Flaherty plus four years. At some point we will talk.

Who would be a good comparable value?

J
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                                X