No announcement yet.

2k24: St. Louis Cardinals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brilliant outing from Jordan Montgomery tonite. 1-hit CGSO w no walks and 7 Ks. He faced 1 batter over the minimum. Since being traded to the Cards, he's given up 1 run in 25.3 IP, w 24 Ks and 13 H and 3 BB allowed. That's a 0.35 ERA and a 0.63 WHIP. I'd say the trade is working out well for them so far, as the guy they traded for him (Bader) hasnt even played yet.

Comment

• Albert Pujols with another homerun (#693) on Monday. He has 6 HR & 12 RBI in his last 7 games.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
        Paul Goldschmidt is having a "triple-slash crown" season. He leads the NL in all 3 triple slash categories: .332 BA, .415 OPB and .614 SLG.
        Not only does Goldy continue to lead the NL in the 3 triple-slash categories, he also is the leader in almost all of the triple crown categories also. He leads in RBI w 105 and his 33 HR is only 2 behind Schwarber. If I counted correctly, a player has led the league in both the triple crown categories and the triple slash categories in the same season only 11 times in modern MLB history, w Yastrzemski being the last to do it in 1967.

Comment

Not only does Goldy continue to lead the NL in the 3 triple-slash categories, he also is the leader in almost all of the triple crown categories also. He leads in RBI w 105 and his 33 HR is only 2 behind Schwarber. If I counted correctly, a player has led the league in both the triple crown categories and the triple slash categories in the same season only 11 times in modern MLB history, w Yastrzemski being the last to do it in 1967.
          Amazing. Glad I got him at +800 to win NL MVP back in June!

Comment

• 4 straight games on the bench for Dylan “We won’t include you for Soto” Carlson

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              If I owned a rebuilding team (non competitive) going into next year, I would sign him to a contract that allowed him to play until he went over 700. What a great PR move it would be. I would make a big deal out of it. Pujuols hits 700 and 701 in a Gregg's uniform.
              I wanted the Pirates to do this with Barry Bonds in 2008 when Bonds was just short of 3000 hits and 2000 RBI. But Lord Selig forbid any team from signing him.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The Cards didn't want to give up Dylan Carlson to acquire Juan Soto, and now he's seemingly been benched in favor of the red-hot Lars Nootbaar & Corey Dickerson.

Comment

• Nootbaar seems legit. Dickerson - why not play Carlson?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                    Nootbaar seems legit. Dickerson - why not play Carlson?
                    Probably only because Dickerson has been en fuego of late.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Probably only because Dickerson has been en fuego of late.
                      This. As has Pujols.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        This. As has Pujols.
                        And Nootbaar. Those are three of the hottest hitters in baseball this past week. Carlson is the odd man out, for now.

Comment

Today, FG did an article on Goldy where they mentioned this very thing (https://blogs.fangraphs.com/paul-gol...triple-crowns/). And this feat has been accomplished only 10 times in the modern era.

BTW, he's doing all this at age 34 and he turns 35 in 2 weeks.

Comment

• Easy to cheer for him. Let’s hope he accomplishes the feat.

Comment

• The last NL winner (1937) Ducky Medwick was also a Cardinal. That adds a little extra to the fun. I hope he makes it.

Comment

• Carlos Martinez, who was already suspended 80 games for PEDs, was suspended 85 more for Domestic Violence/Child Abuse. What a guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X