Drafting nl prospect - draft sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drafting nl prospect - draft sunday

This is an 10 team NL 5x5 league. After our auction we hold a 10 round reserve/farm draft. This draft you can select either a farm player or a reserve player. We select 6 reserve and 4 farm. I already kept 3 farm players so I can only take 1 farm player tomorrow. If I take a farm player in the 1st round it the salary will be $10 and in the 2nd round $8. I have the 5th and 11th and 15 overall pick. Most teams will likely draft a farm and a reserve player during the first and 2nd round because the salary drops for each round so there is some strategy in selecting either reserve or farm. 3rd round is $6 4th round is $5 and so. Here are a list of possible farm players that some will fall to me in the 1st and most I suspect but not all will be gone by the 2nd round.

Scott Kingery
    Fernando Tatis Jr
    Ryan McMahon
    Luis Urias
    Austin Riley
    Luiz Gohara
    Jhailyn Ortiz
    Keston Hiura
    Francy Cordero
    Jaclk Flaherty
    AJ Minter

2-3 of these guys will not make to my 5th overall and maybe 4-5 in the next round. So if you took a player in the 1st round how would you rank these guys?

Tatis-Kingery, then a dropoff to Hiura-McMahon-Urias-Gohara

Comment

From that list, I would want one of Kingery, Tatis, McMahon or Gohara.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
        From that list, I would want one of Kingery, Tatis, McMahon or Gohara.
        What he said! Depending on league rules (how long you can keep and at what price), might go Tatis then Kingery - or the reverse. McMahon next. Gohara after.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
          What he said! Depending on league rules (how long you can keep and at what price), might go Tatis then Kingery - or the reverse. McMahon next. Gohara after.
          Our rules allow us to keep a player on the farm until he has reached rookie status then you must activate the player. The first round is $10 whether you get a reserve or farm player. 2nd round is $8 and goes down each round. We draft 10 rounds. Typically I will usually draft the best farm player in the 1st then do a reserve in the 2nd round. Since I already have 3 players on my farm Brinson, Acuna and Soto I can only get 1 more farm player. I wouldn't be surprised to see both Tatis and Kingery both gone - I have the 5th pick.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
            Our rules allow us to keep a player on the farm until he has reached rookie status then you must activate the player. The first round is $10 whether you get a reserve or farm player. 2nd round is $8 and goes down each round. We draft 10 rounds. Typically I will usually draft the best farm player in the 1st then do a reserve in the 2nd round. Since I already have 3 players on my farm Brinson, Acuna and Soto I can only get 1 more farm player. I wouldn't be surprised to see both Tatis and Kingery both gone - I have the 5th pick.
            Well, you can hardly complain about the Kingery outcome!

Tatis, McMahon... I like Minter a lot. Consider him or Gohara.

Comment

Working...
            X