David Phelps TJ surgery 3-21-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Phelps TJ surgery 3-21-18

David Phelps was diagnosed with a torn ulnar collateral ligament in his elbow and will require season-ending Tommy John surgery.
    This escalated quickly. Phelps was battling elbow issues earlier in the spring after having bone spurs removed, and was expected to be a significant part of the Mariner bullpen in 2018. Instead, he'll miss the entire season after undergoing the surgery at some point this month. It's just another in a long line of injuries to Mariner hurlers. They may need to make another move for a reliever at some point before the season starts.
    (Source: Ryan Divish on Twitter via Rotoworld)
    Mar 21 - 10:59 PM
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Man... they've got Diaz and Nicasio and not much else in the bullpen. I guess Nick Vincent is OK?

After Paxton, Leake and Felix, the back of their rotation isn't great either. Felix has a weird forearm thing. Erasmo isn't very good and also has a lat injury. Iwakuma has been slow to get started due to a shoulder thing. I guess Marco Gonzalez is their 4 and then... ? Seems like maybe they should have signed Cobb. Who's left on the market?

Comment

There's Scrabble, Marc Rzepczynski. He was effective in 2016, but not so much last season. Also Pazos. I don't know much about him.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
      X