16-team keeper auction - reserve picks to come - HDID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16-team keeper auction - reserve picks to come - HDID

16-team, 6x6 (AVG, HR, R, RBI, SB-CS, BB-K and W, HD, SV, K, ERA, WHIP)
    $400 in-season cap
    +$3 first 3 years, +$6 after that

C - Realmuto $21
    1B - Ramirez $1
    2B - Merrifield $13/1st keeper
    3B - Castellanos $14
    SS - Pinder $5
    CI - Lamb $9
    MI - Drury $3
    OF - Harper $37 6th year keeper
    OF - Trout $37 6th year keeper
    OF - Benintendi $13 1st year keeper
    OF - Winker $5
    DH - Carson Kelly $1
    P - Andrew Miller $20 1st year keeper
    P - Jansen $28
    P - Roark $6
    P - Colome $21
    P - A. J. Cole $1
    P - Straily $1
    P - Urena $1
    P - Manaea $1
    P - Godley $20
    MN - Mejia $5
    MN - Calhoun $10
    MN - Buehler $10

I think I'm okay with Manaea, Roark, Godley, Urena, and Cole leading the rotation. Colome and Jansen should be a good foundation for my bullpen. Offensively, I do need to upgrade at 1B and my MI.

Thoughts from the RJ crowd before the reserve draft starts? What areas should I be focusing on?

I can't agree with your assessment of your pitching staff...unless Godley takes a big step forward, you have a collection of #3 and #4 starters, and you need at least 1 stud. 1 GREAT closer, and one great MR, but nothing else...you'll struggle for saves as well, IMO.

Offense is VERY good with the 2 best outfielders in the game and a stud up and comer like Benintendi. Ramirez at 1st? I'm drawing a blank...

Work on pitching and MI in the reserves...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

I am guess it is Hanley at first. Agreed with your assessment. I have no idea why he spent $21 on Realmuto with that staff instead of spending that on a starter. Forget Colome, and put those two together and you get a $42 starter and a much better balanced team. The offense here is good. The bullpen is, too. The rotation, ehhh...

Comment

Sorry but that SP staff is terrible. Even in a 16 team league.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

In my early search for pitching I've been offered:

$5 Winker and $10 Buehler
          -FOR-
          $8 Nola

Thoughts from the RJ crowd? He's also got $15 Berrios, $13 Fulmer, and $5 Gioloto.

Comment

That seems pretty reasonable.
            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
              That seems pretty reasonable.
              I would say so. Better pounce on it quickly. Great deal if you are looking for pitching.

Comment

Missed this one. I hope you took the deal!

Comment

I think you need another good starter but I don't think your collection is terrible but wins might be scarce. I actually think you might come up short on power. I'd be certain to grab a corner or two in the reserves, Duda-types maybe. Maybe look for talented young pitchers that could break out - Soroka, Gohara, Garrett, Williams and hope to get lucky. I think you have plenty of bullpen strength with Miller, Jansen and Colome. I like the Nola trade idea too.

Comment

Updated roster after the reserve draft and headed into the minors draft:

I added Nola $8/2nd year for Winker and Buehler. Drafted C Sisco, SS Marte, and OF Verdugo and Fowler.

Two questions:
                    From RHD's list, #30 Gore, #34 Baez, #38 McKenzie, #46 Perez, #48 Wright, #50 Anderson, #63 Allard, #80 Mahle, #81 Woodruff, and #89 Faedo are the top pitchers available. Which ones are the closest to the majors?

Of the three - Kelly, Sisco, and Mejia - which one should I be shopping for more pitching? And what kind of return should I be looking for?

Comment

Mahle is the #3 starter for the Reds, so he's closest. Woodruff is probably the #5 for the Brewers when they need one. Wright might be up this year, maybe McKenzie if the Indians have an injury and Salazar isn't ready to be a starter again. Gore and Baez aren't close. I don't know anything about Perez or Anderson or Allard or Faedo, but I do know Anderson and Allard are on the Braves and they have a ton of young pitchers so it's going to be tough to guess which ones are relevant soon.

Mejia is probably the least likely to be a catcher, if that's relevant.
                      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

In terms of very immediate help, I agree with mjl that Mahle is your choice. If you have a month or so to work with, I think Woodruff has a higher upside, though a higher risk, especially in WHIP.

Of your catchers, I like Sisco the best, but there's not a lot of difference. I'd shop all three and take the best SP you can get for any one of them in a deal.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                        X