one more hdid - 10-team AL only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one more hdid - 10-team AL only

First time doing an AL league after many years of NL. I inherited a pretty good team with a very good minor league system. The auction... I got most of what I wanted which is impressive given that I left $19 on the table. Sigh.

10-team AL-only 5x5 using AVG. Decent inflation - Stanton went for $48. Keepers in bold.

C: Vazquez $1, Martin $5
    1B: Encarnacion $33
    2B: Gordon $34
    3B: Gallo $12
    SS: Bogaerts $20
    CI: Chapman $9
    MI: Polanco $9 (sigh, that news couldn't have come a day or two earlier? fortunately I used a reserve pick on a decent replacement)
    OF: Benintendi $5, Mazara $10, Chisenhall $9, Soler $7, Granderson $5
    UT: Morales $3

Reserves: Guerrero Jr, Chavis, Adell, Alford, Jesus Sanchez, Dustin Fowler, Brad Miller (will replace Polanco), AJ Reed, Orlando, Ichiro

SP: Verlander $20, Snell $6, Porcello $2, Ervin Santana $8, Shoemaker $5, Junis $3
    RP: Kimbrel $24, Treinen $5, Robertson $6

Reserves: Whitley, Jaime Garcia (will replace Santana), Andriese, JC Ramirez, Adalberto Mejia, Justus Sheffield, Gonsalves

Obviously it'd be a little better with Chisenhall replaced with some $20-25 outfielder, which in this auction was Piscotty or Grichuk range, but I'll survive. I actually had Gordon valued higher than what he went at.

btw, trying not to be biased by a hot spring training, but I think Soler is going to have a big year with Bonifacio suspended for half the season and the Royals really having nobody else to use.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

$19! Ouch!

Dislikes: Martin, Robertson

Overall a nice team with a good keeper list. I agree - you got Gordon at a discount and Soler is going to take a step this year. I also think Morales for $3 is a steal.

Tons of pop. AVG may not be great. Maybe a bit light on speed, and in a 10-teamer I'd probably look for another source of saves (10-20).

I'd like to see a better second catcher and starting pitching for all that money left on the table. I don't think Robertson will get many saves, so I think you'd have been better off spending that money on someone in the Chicago, Minnesota or Anaheim 'pens. He will give you good ratios and a couple wins//saves, so you could do worse. And if Chapman goes down, it's him or Betances.

Overall you had a good draft, and definitely have talent to work with.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

I knew you had a bad auction when I read the 2nd sentence. You cannot have a good draft if you leave $19 on the table.

I give you credit for transparency and admitting the mistake. Moving on; You certainly have some nice players and fun team to manage this fantasy season.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        I knew you had a bad auction when I read the 2nd sentence. You cannot have a good draft if you leave $19 on the table.

I give you credit for transparency and admitting the mistake. Moving on; You certainly have some nice players and fun team to manage this fantasy season.
        I think that he had a good draft despite the $19 left. If he spent that, then he would have had a great draft!
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I'd look for an OF for your reserve. I'm not sure Ichiro has much left. I'd rather have an upside youngster. I'd also watch the winner of the backup C spot in Balt., if they are FA. Both have been hitting well and I could see a job share with Joseph. I like Junis as your last starter, I have him as an end gamer on my lists.

Overall, I see a solid team

Comment

Originally posted by Rush View Post
            I'd look for an OF for your reserve. I'm not sure Ichiro has much left. I'd rather have an upside youngster. I'd also watch the winner of the backup C spot in Balt., if they are FA. Both have been hitting well and I could see a job share with Joseph. I like Junis as your last starter, I have him as an end gamer on my lists.

Overall, I see a solid team
            Paulo Orlando should get a decent amount of ABs with Bonifacio suspended, and I'm hoping that Dustin Fowler makes the starting lineup out of spring training. If neither of those ends up happening it might get a bit ugly with both Chisenhall and Granderson in platoons.
            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Is Chisenhall in a platoon? I see him projected for close to 450 PAs (480 from Roster Resource). Seems like he'll be basically full time.

Comment

Working...
              X