hdid - 10-team NL-only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hdid - 10-team NL-only

After the AL-only (writeup in a bit), which I started at 6:30 AM and left about $20 on the table, I tried to be a bit smarter. I managed to spend all my money, but there were still a couple mistakes near the end. I screwed up my notes about who was kept and saved money for Wil Myers who wasn't available, and I had the ability to take two pitchers for $3 each and then another guy would have a chance to bid $3 for a pitcher when I would only have $3 left, and I kind of wish I'd done it differently (more notes below).

Keepers in bold. 10-team 5x5 NL-only.

C: Barnes $5, Cervelli $1
    1B: Freeman $33
    2B: Happ $8
    SS: Russell $8
    3B: Prado $1 (I was more okay with this when I thought McMahon would start the year in the majors)
    CI: Carpenter $16
    MI: LeMahieu $19
    OF: Conforto $10, Peralta $10, Schebler $5, Braun $20, Dickerson $18
    UT: Herrera $21

bench: McMahon, Tatis Jr, Rodgers, Meadows, Broxton, Brian Goodwin, Alen Hanson, Tebow (how many minor leaguers have a guarantee from the GM that he'll make the majors? not many)

SP: Syndergaard $15, Godley $14, Weaver $12, Teheran $10, Nelson $3 (will be replaced by Suter)
    RP: Familia $15, Knebel $10, Gregerson $3, Ramos $1

bench: Flaherty, Gohara, Suter, Blach, Kazmir, Chen, Lyons, McGee, Gore

I got Gregerson and Jimmy Nelson for $3 when I had $9 left for three pitchers and only one other guy who also had a $3 max bid needed a pitcher; he took AJ Minter for $3 with his next turn. I kind of wish I'd taken Minter instead of Nelson and hoped to sneak him through next, but I guess that's only because I don't know if he would have taken Nelson. I didn't exactly need a third closer but I think Gregerson could keep the job and $3 for a guy starting the season as the closer for a good team is still a bargain.

I'm not super excited about Braun in that crowded Brewers lineup but he seemed underpriced and even if he doesn't get a full season's worth of at bats I think he can earn close to that much.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Those auction prices seem pretty good except for Herrera and Teheran. Overall a very solid draft imo.

Comment

You have a solid team. Your offense has starters all the way through with the exception of Prado. I had read today that McMahon goes to the minors but this could change. You could use speed on your offense. I like your pitching especially if Teheran can be somewhat normal again. Flaherty and Gohara could help you down the road. Closers are covered. At $20 Braun isn't a bad buy as long as he can get over 400 AB. If you get 500 then you can dance all the way to bank. And last so happy Tebow made his way onto your roster. It may be the highlight of his baseball career.

Comment

Working...
      X