NL Trade Offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL Trade Offer

An owner is looking for a farm player and has offered one of several pitchers for any of my farm players. The only ones I would look at is Wood $8 or Nola $17. I have Acuna which is a definite no. Brinson $10 which I was planning on getting a $1 OF in the draft so likely no then Soto $1 or Trammell $2 which I love the upside but we are looking at more like 2019-2020. I'm also almost sure that all the pitchers he offered are not going to be kept. Wood is the best priced option but he comes with injury risk as never gotten 200 IP and I would think I'm getting more of his 2nd half of last season than his 1st half which still is good. Nola might be moving up to become more of an ace but he worth more and if available in the draft probably goes into the low 20s. Wood also would go more towards middle to upper teens. The disadvantage is that of the 3 Brinson, Soto and Trammell are all top NL prospects at least in my view and hate to move one of them plus I do think that if I hang on to them they can be moved for possibly more during the season. The advantage is I would be able to draft another farm player which the cost $10 if I do this in the 1st round or $8 in the 2nd round but I can only get 1 farm player. I draft 6th and it is a snake round so farm guys that will be available should be good. We have an unusual 10 round draft after the auction that mixes farm 4/reserves 6. which you can select either depending on who is available. Bottom line is would you make a deal here or keep what I have. Thanks.

I would easily trade Soto or Trammel for Nola.

Especially if you have any inflation. He went for $22 in NL Tout.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      I would easily trade Soto or Trammel for Nola.

Especially if you have any inflation. He went for $22 in NL Tout.
      Ditto.
      If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
        Ditto.
        Tritto (is that a word)?

Comment

Trammel for Nola preferably.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            Tritto (is that a word)?
            Yes it is. I looked it up.

One more than ditto; when someone agrees with something for the third; syn. Me three

Comment

The owner wants Soto for either pitcher. If you have a choice who would you rather keep?

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                The owner wants Soto for either pitcher. If you have a choice who would you rather keep?
                Probably Nola...Wood is very good, but still somewhat injury prone. And the Dodgers played a lot of games with their starters last year.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Soto >> Trammell imo. Not saying he should be off limits but rather I suspect we will be valuing Soto much more highly in 2019. That being said, I can also easily see him as a trade piece for WAS this year as I think Robles is off limits which makes Soto and Kieboom probably their top desired trade chips.

Comment

Owner has come back saying he'll take either Soto or Trammell. It's hard to say if Nats will keep Soto. Their offense looks pretty will set. Their bullpen is in shape not like last several years. Starting pitching is good but injuries, bad performances can change a team's mind and the Nats have never won a WS not to mention they never made it to the WS so think Cubs in getting their WS rings. Be that as it may I do value Soto talent wise over Trammell but Trammell is no slough as a prospect either and he has quickly moved up the charts last season. I think my decision has been made to move Trammell. Big Tymer I'm kinda of like you when it comes to prospects but the trade make total sense to me. I get a starter open up a farm pick which I know I'll still get a decent talent back hopefully I can steer the ship to a championship.

Comment

Yup - agree with your logic. If this were a mixed then keeping Soto is an easier decision. But with this being NL, the risk of Soto being traded to the AL is greater than that of Trammell as Cincy has no reason at all to trade Trammell anywhere and this is likely WAS's last shot at a championship for awhile. Both are great prospects and assets though. In this vein, I may lean slightly to trading Soto in this context but I might ask for Nola + a pick upgrade as $17 is still kind of pricey. Not as interested in Wood personally.

Comment

If I was in this situation I would let him pick which one he wants. I do this for two reasons. The first is it builds the trading relationship for future deals. The second they never pick right.

Comment

I would go for moving Trammell. There was a lot of talk in the offseason that Miami really wanted Soto or Robles in a Yelich or Realmuto deal and the Nats refused to offer either one. Yelich went to Milwaukee and Realmuto is still in Miami. From that the hope would be that the Nats really value Soto and don't want to move him at all. FWIW....

Comment

I went back and forth on it and decide on moving Trammell. Either way I'll be okay. My keeper list is now set. 2019 is the earliest I would expect either prospect and more likely 2020. Both need to go through AA then AAA and much could happen on the way through. Nola gives me a improving starter which IMO we might see more of a breakthrough this season. I have him with Hendricks and I did keep Buehler which I will stash on my bench banking on Dodger injuries between starters 1-5.

Comment

Working...
                            X