12to 12 team NL Only 5x5 HDID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12to 12 team NL Only 5x5 HDID

I am one of the original owners of this crazy league. Ray, JC, Brand and I are guys from the first AOL IM 12 hour marathon auction.

OK so as the other threads stated crazy inflation. I wanted one of the top 4 1B and had put a price of 50-55. Votto, Freeman, and Goldy went closer to 60 so I wound up with Rizzo at 55. Anyway, overall I am probably low on BA in hitting and will need to trade for a starter to get more K's and win chances but I could not take the ratio tankers that were left. Keepers in Bold...

C Yadier Molina $10
    1B Cody Bellinger $5
    2B Ozzie Albies $5
    SS Dansby Swanson $5

3B Chase Headley $8
    MI Brandon Crawford $14
    CI Anthony Rizzo $55
    OF Ian Desmond $27
    OF Ryan Braun $34
    OF Joc Pederson $5
    OF Chris Owings $5

OF Lane Adams $1
    UT Pablo Sandoval $1
    UT Kurt Suzuki $1

P S Strasburg $33
    P Z Greinkie $25
    P Carl Edwards $1
    P A Vizcaino $3

P Ryan Madson $8
    P Jack Flaherty $4
    P Pedro Strop $2
    P Miles Mikolas $7
    P Phil Maton $1

Rsv

Ben Revere $1
    Brandon Finnegan $1
    Mark Leiter $1
    Seth Lugo $1
    O Despaigne $1

Farm
    Austin Riley
    Brett Phillips
    Corey Ray
    Austin Meadows
    Erik Fedde
    Touki Toussaint

There you go another mess of a 12TO auction.

First things first. Who the hell is Lane Adams?? Did you make that name up?

I don't really comment on teams in Only-Leagues as I have never played in one and hesitate to give opinions because of that.

But that pitching, overall, looks very sketchy.
    Last edited by Mithrandir; 03-17-2018, 01:35 PM.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      First things first. Who the hell is Lane Adams?? Did you make that name up?

I don't really comment on teams in Only-Leagues as I have never played in one and hesitate to give opinions because of that.

But that pitching, overall, looks very sketchy.
      Injury risk sketchy? Yes. Stats sketchy if they pitch? Stras and Greinkie are ratio gold in an only league. If Flahery or Mikolas are good I could be ok and just trade for one more SP. Pitching is always risky though.

Comment

Keith, your offense is solid but pitching is iffy. Spending $34 on Braun might come back and bite you on the butt but then again I spent $22 on Longoria which is probably my worst buy. You might have to move some of your future assets to get some pitching to the more unfortunate teams - hint hint. just my

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
          Keith, your offense is solid but pitching is iffy. Spending $34 on Braun might come back and bite you on the butt but then again I spent $22 on Longoria which is probably my worst buy. You might have to move some of your future assets to get some pitching to the more unfortunate teams - hint hint. just my
          I agree after Stras and I am saying Greinkie is going to be ok, if he is not I am screwed, my starting pitching is iffy. Madson, Edwards and Strop should be good MR's. I will definitely be willing to trade my future parts to fill in my pitching staff.

Braun was not the plan I just got pushed to far on Cutch and then Marte went into the 40's and I wanted to get an OF'er. It was not a good buy, Desmond I like as a buy compared to Braun.

I am sure we will talk Brad.

Comment

BUYS I LIKE: Rizzo, Desmond, Crawford, Headley, Madson
            BUYS I AM MEH ON (could go either way): Braun, Mikolas, Flaherty (can't see him making the team)

I don't hate any of the buys though. Braun will eventually give you OF & 1B eligibility. Risk is PT but I can't see them benching him for Thames - just can't as he is still their face of the franchise. I have Rotolab with you in 2nd with Wins being the lowest category for you but that is also a category Rotolab isn't useful to project for as I suspect (like me) you intend to stream a bit. If Greinke is not 100% though then SP becomes a lot more worrisome. If he's even 90% of LY then you have 2 NL-Only aces which is all you need as a solid foundation.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
              BUYS I AM MEH ON (could go either way): Braun, Mikolas, Flaherty (can't see him making the team)

I don't hate any of the buys though. Braun will eventually give you OF & 1B eligibility. Risk is PT but I can't see them benching him for Thames - just can't as he is still their face of the franchise. I have Rotolab with you in 2nd with Wins being the lowest category for you but that is also a category Rotolab isn't useful to project for as I suspect (like me) you intend to stream a bit. If Greinke is not 100% though then SP becomes a lot more worrisome. If he's even 90% of LY then you have 2 NL-Only aces which is all you need as a solid foundation.
              Thanks Rick I am pretty much with you. I didn't love Braun and could regret it. May have wasted 4 on flaherty for sure if he gets demoted. I'll certainly be streaming and trading for pitching as needed. Hopefully a few of my farm guys are helpful or at least good so I can trade for help. I do love this league and how crazy it is.

Comment

This is why i don't comment on only league teams. Projected to finish 2nd with that team just blows my mind.
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

12-only is real thin. It's a very different game.
                  Rizzo and the cheaper guys are all good, though Headley might get traded out of the league. Braun and Desmond could both get squeezed for PT a bit which is a rough way to spend $60, and I think with both Flaherty and Mikolas you're guaranteed to have one starter but you can't get two without an injury. Finnegan's a good pickup though. But from what Rick said, is streaming even a thing in 12-only? I don't see how you get enough starts to have competitive pitching without doing some trading.
                  In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Streaming is always an option. I personally used all 5 bench spots for P so I could have enough SP to stream and enough MI to fill in when I didn’t like matchups. Weekly lineups.

Comment

Streaming is always an option. I personally used all 5 bench spots for P so I could have enough SP to stream and enough MI to fill in when I didn’t like matchups. Weekly lineups.
                      yeah i have 4 pitchers in rsv and if I lose Flaherty to the farm I'll pick up someone. I will need to be aggressive in FAAB for pitching but if someone dumps I could trade farm guys or farm picks to get a middle of the pack starter hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
                        I am one of the original owners of this crazy league. Ray, JC, Brand and I are guys from the first AOL IM 12 hour marathon auction.

OK so as the other threads stated crazy inflation. I wanted one of the top 4 1B and had put a price of 50-55. Votto, Freeman, and Goldy went closer to 60 so I wound up with Rizzo at 55. Anyway, overall I am probably low on BA in hitting and will need to trade for a starter to get more K's and win chances but I could not take the ratio tankers that were left. Keepers in Bold...

C Yadier Molina $10
                        1B Cody Bellinger $5
                        2B Ozzie Albies $5
                        SS Dansby Swanson $5

3B Chase Headley $8
                        MI Brandon Crawford $14
                        CI Anthony Rizzo $55
                        OF Ian Desmond $27
                        OF Ryan Braun $34
                        OF Joc Pederson $5
                        OF Chris Owings $5

OF Lane Adams $1
                        UT Pablo Sandoval $1
                        UT Kurt Suzuki $1

P S Strasburg $33
                        P Z Greinkie $25
                        P Carl Edwards $1
                        P A Vizcaino $3

P Ryan Madson $8
                        P Jack Flaherty $4
                        P Pedro Strop $2
                        P Miles Mikolas $7
                        P Phil Maton $1

Rsv

Ben Revere $1
                        Brandon Finnegan $1
                        Mark Leiter $1
                        Seth Lugo $1
                        O Despaigne $1

Farm
                        Austin Riley
                        Brett Phillips
                        Corey Ray
                        Austin Meadows
                        Erik Fedde
                        Touki Toussaint

There you go another mess of a 12TO auction.
                        It was definitely a strange auction, crazy bidding for the 1st round of throws, too much money left in the room and people went crazy. Don't like the 20 bucks spent on the Headly/Crawford combo, just not feeling it, although it could be fine if both stay healthy all season. Didn't like the Braun bid, but there wasn't a lot left at that point and 20 homers and 15 steals with a good average will be nice, but no profit there. I think that you're fine with desmond, I see him as a 55o AB guy in that system, others will be squeezed, I doubt that he will. Don't like the dead spots in Adams (?), Sandoval, and Joc...

Pitching is very strong at the top, then falls off quickly. I think that you'll get 30+ saves out of Vizcaino/Edwards, but the one that you don't expect might be closing at the end of the year. You're farm might give you some help, so you've got that. I think that Flaherty might go down for the start of the season...so you'll have to patch that hole.
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

oh, I misunderstood. You meant streaming as in having a couple extra starters in reserve and rotating them in when they have good matchups, not as in picking up guys who have good matchups. In my 10-team NL-only there generally aren't starters available to be picked up and when I've talked about streaming before it's been in shallow mixed leagues where I could just pick up a guy for a good week and replace him the next.
                          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I like Keith's offense, but he won't be able to carry those 3 dead holes in the starting lineup for too long. Pitching lacks depth, and depends too heavily on 2 oft-injured, frequent off-year studs. Greinke/Stras just feel like too much injury risk to feel comfortable. But maybe I'm reading too much into Greinke's spring. Mikolas seems to have a low ceiling, but remains to be seen what he is exactly. Need some luck with saves, like many other teams. Might need to deal Bellinger/Albies/Swanson, or hope Edwards becomes a $1 closer if you want a shot at the title though, and those are hard pieces to deal.
                            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Is it possible for you to post or pm the entire auction draft?

Thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
                              X