Nl only draft last night hdid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nl only draft last night hdid

When you are starting from scratch to rebuild a team you got to start somewhere. Bold are keepers. My basic strategy beside watching NCAA games was to get some mid range players that can be traded down the line. I didn't go plus 40 as we had quite a few players going between 40-60 range because they would be harder to move due to the salary cap. This draft was super crazy inflation and I would compare this to Rocky/Drago fight.

C Iannett $1
    1B Flores $7
    3B Longoria $22
    CI Suarez $26
    2B Castro $13
    SS Rojos $1
    MI Kingery $2 probably lose him when he gets sent down
    OF Adams $4
    OF Lagares $1
    OF Eaton $29
    OF Markakis $7
    OF Souza $28
    DH Slater $1
    DH Weiters $1

P Corbin $6
    P Foltynewicz $8
    P Leone $11
    P Melancon $8
    P Quintana $31
    P Ray $35
    P Ryu $9
    P Urias $5
    P Yates $1

Res Baez $1
    Res Chen $1
    Res Law $1
    Res Strickland $1
    Res Velasquez $4

Farm Quntrill, Craig, Erceg, Duggar and Verdugo

pitbull! you were holding on to your money until the fireworks died down a bit, and you are absolutely spot on imo. prior years, for instance, goldie has been on teams at 60 or higher, and owner simply could not move him to rebuild as our salary cap makes that unworkable. you spent your hitting money surprisingly well, and longoria, suarez, eaton, souza at those prices will be easy to move or even be fine keepers themselves. you bought yourself 2 expensive sps, nice desirable pieces, ray is a beast.

Comment

You did well on your pitching buys. Like all 5 of them at those prices.

Leone may or may not work out but worth a flyer in your situation. How much did Gregorson go for and who went first between thos two, or was he protected?

Were you surprised at Melancon for $8?

Comment

context, melancon went 35 last year! 8 is a buy.

Comment

Thats what I mean. $8 seems pretty low for him despite his problems.

Comment

Gregorson went for $10 but I believe Leone went first. I'm not a huge Gregorson fan as he depends completely on location. I don't know if last season is an indication but he gave more hits and HR than ever.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
              When you are starting from scratch to rebuild a team you got to start somewhere. Bold are keepers. My basic strategy beside watching NCAA games was to get some mid range players that can be traded down the line. I didn't go plus 40 as we had quite a few players going between 40-60 range because they would be harder to move due to the salary cap. This draft was super crazy inflation and I would compare this to Rocky/Drago fight.

C Iannett $1
              1B Flores $7
              3B Longoria $22
              CI Suarez $26
              2B Castro $13
              SS Rojos $1
              MI Kingery $2 probably lose him when he gets sent down
              OF Adams $4
              OF Lagares $1
              OF Eaton $29
              OF Markakis $7
              OF Souza $28
              DH Slater $1
              DH Weiters $1

P Corbin $6
              P Foltynewicz $8
              P Leone $11
              P Melancon $8
              P Quintana $31
              P Ray $35
              P Ryu $9
              P Urias $5
              P Yates $1

Res Baez $1
              Res Chen $1
              Res Law $1
              Res Strickland $1
              Res Velasquez $4

Farm Quntrill, Craig, Erceg, Duggar and Verdugo
              I think that your strategy was sound, and I like some of the buys, but not all. Not a fan of Souza or Eaton at those prices, and I really think that Longo is going to be little more than mediocre, but that's a personal opinion. Good job on your RP's, lot's of risk, but potentially high reward with Leone. I still don't think that St.louis goes into battle with those guys at the end of the game, not if they're serious about being contenders. But we'll see. Quintana and Ray were both solid buys, Ray potentially a bargain if the humidor predictions are true...

Hope that you're right about kingery being sent down, as he'll be the #1 pick in the minors draft if he is...if he somehow makes the club, that's your draft right there. Good money management for what you were trying to do...
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

I definitely understand the sentiment of having a hard time to move studs at high salaries but personally I feel like you can if you rebuild early as there are always teams that dump by mid May. Not at all saying you “should” be doing that but rather that it has a been a strategy for others in be past. You definitely have players to trade if this time comes but sometimes it’s hard to get the top pieces without clear studs and generally the most attractive assets are the expiring keepers at cheap salaries.

Melancon and Quintana are my favorite buys as I see Quintana as a low end #1 in this league and you paid for a #2. Melancon I wasn’t paying attention to during the bidding as I had decided to punt saves but absolutely love what you paid as when he is playing he will be closing based off the contract they gave him.

Comment

Working...
                X