NL Only HDID...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL Only HDID...

12 team 5x5 1 catcher league. Crazy inflation, but I had a pretty good Keeper list of hitters. Keeps in bold. Love to know what you think...

C JT Realmuto 10
    1B Wil Myers 30
    2B Logan Forsythe 10
    3B Travis Shaw 15
    SS Nick Ahmed 2
    MI Joe Panik 12
    CI Johan Camargo 4
    OF Dexter Fowler 15
    OF Ian Happ 5
    OF Marcel Ozuna 29
    OF Gregory Polanco 20
    OF Michael Taylor 5
    U Travis Jankowski 2
    U Kelby Tomlinson 1

RES Dave Dahl 5
    RES Martin Prado 1
    RES Jesmuel Valentin 1

SP Rich Hill 16
    SP Jacob deGrom 39
    SP Ivan Nova 9
    SP Matt Harvey 8
    SP Joe Musgrove 9
    RP Corey Knebel 6
    RP Yoshihisa Hirano 6
    RP Sam Dyson 1
    RP Carter Capps 1
    RP Joaquin Benoit 1

DL Shelby Miller 2
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

It was very crazy inflation. You have 12 out of the 14 offense spots with starters so that part is good. If Dahl can work his way in that could provide a boost. Prado if he ever get healthy should give move AB there. May need some more power but right now I need to look more at the other teams to compare. Your pitching staff needs work. Why on earth or whatever planet did you bid on Harvey? Although his K/bb are good in ST alot of that was against the Marlins. He could undo what deGrom does. Very risky. deGrom is an ace as long he doesn't end up with Mets medical staff. Hill is good but how many innings are you getting out of him. Also not sold on Musgrove as a starter. Need to see more. Nova is okay. Dyson and Capps depend on opportunities.

Comment

Interesting situation you were in. You only bought 1 guy for more than $15. Was that your strategy going in - to buy one stud sp?

Comment

we need a recap of that 1st rd, as the numbers were unsettling. my strategy hinged on getting one of the big 3 1b guys, and Votto, Goldie, Freeman went 59, 60, 61. anyway, you effectively avoided all that, i like the fowler purchase at 15. degrom is a fine place to put your money, max scherzer at 58 or degrom at 39, i way prefer degrom and the extra 19 bucks. im just not a fan of your pitching staff at all but who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
          It was very crazy inflation. You have 12 out of the 14 offense spots with starters so that part is good. If Dahl can work his way in that could provide a boost. Prado if he ever get healthy should give move AB there. May need some more power but right now I need to look more at the other teams to compare. Your pitching staff needs work. Why on earth or whatever planet did you bid on Harvey? Although his K/bb are good in ST alot of that was against the Marlins. He could undo what deGrom does. Very risky. deGrom is an ace as long he doesn't end up with Mets medical staff. Hill is good but how many innings are you getting out of him. Also not sold on Musgrove as a starter. Need to see more. Nova is okay. Dyson and Capps depend on opportunities.
          I think that Harvey at least has the potential to become 75% of what he once was...he's throwing over 96 MPH and striking out a lot of guys, so at 8 bucks, he's worth the risk. Someone thought that he was worth 7, so I got that going for me. If he blows up early, he rides the pine, simple as that.

Nova is a stable 4 or less ERA guy who'll toss a lot of innings, and Musgrove can certainly benefit from the change in leagues. Hill is probably going to give me 140 innings, but they'll be GOOD innings. I screwed up in the end game a bit and got sniped on a couple of RP, at least once by you Brad. But those guys are fungible, if one is crap, plenty more crop up along the way.

And yes, my strategy was to buy one stud SP...I was in on Kershaw until 51, Scherzer until the mid 50's, so I was happy to get deGrom at 39.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

I take degrom at that price all day and twice on Sunday over what was paid for on Kershaw and Scherzer. As you stated Harvey is throwing 96 so if it works out you got a hell of deal for $8.

Comment

Echo the sentiments on DeGrom. I also like Mugrove, Nova and Hirano on the P side as those were all guys I was in on but you went $1 more. With your keepers, you didn’t have a ton of $ for the auction but spent it well on an ace and then a bunch of PT on offense.

Comment

I like the pitching staff. While I am not a Harvey fan an $8 gamble is not that big of a deal.

Good price for deGrom.

Comment

Reading Teenwolfs thread, I had to look. Only one 1 buck hitter in my lineup, and that's only if Dahl doesn't make opening day.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                  X