hdid - 12-mixed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hdid - 12-mixed

I had a very good keeper list and was mostly trying to not fuck this up. I think I did pretty well all things considered; my projections have me crushing the league but we'll see. My keepers were all hitters so I was trying to force myself not to take any expensive hitters and I generally succeeded, but I got more speed than I meant to. And I did leave $7 on the table which is always annoying.

Keepers in bold.
    C1: Gattis $10
    C2: Chirinos $1
    1B: Gallo $6
    2B: Kinsler $9
    SS: Trea Turner $11
    3B: Bryant $18
    CI: Hoskins $12
    MI: Correa $16
    OF1: Pham $6
    OF2: Cespedes $16
    OF3: Cain $18
    OF4: KDavis $15
    OF5: Eaton $10
    UT: Alonso $1

SP: Scherzer $41, Verlander $21, Keuchel $16, Sonny Gray $7, Fulmer $5, Giolito $1, Clevinger $1
    RP: Miller $7, Treinen $4

bench TBD

Zola's projections have me with a team ERA of 3.35 which seems insane. I guess I could have traded in Eaton plus my leftover money for a good closer, but saves are just so easy to come by in this league.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Jesus, just set the lineup and go home this season with the cash. The only criticism I have is lack of saves, which you say isn't an issue in this league. Might be a little shy on speed, believe it or not...you really only have Turner, Pham, and Cain...OK, I'm picking nits now. Killer team...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

We only have a 5-man bench so basically nobody is holding backup closers; even guys like Boxberger and Kela are available now. And Eaton will chip in some steals also. I don't think I'm way over, but I had consciously planned to favor AVG/HR guys and then I tried to price enforce Cain and ended up with him, and Eaton was by far the best remaining hitter when I needed another one.
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Strong team. Some good values in the auction to add to a great keeper list. Only thing I might have done differently is try to take on bit less injury risk. If you want to look for something that could derail you this season, if could be big chunks of time missed by the likes of Cespedes, Eaton, and Gattis, allthough at the prices you got them at, I can't blame you for landing them. In hindsight, using Eaton's salary and your left over $7 to land a strong closer would have been ideal.

Comment

Specifically for Eaton, we have three minor leaguers and I have Victor Robles, so if he goes down I should be covered. I'll try to pick up another decent hitter or two for the bench though. We're using FAAB to buy them, and due to a fuckup in the auction where a player got rolled back and then apparently never got re-auctioned, Logan Morrison is available. So are a bunch of other decent guys (Duda, Schebler, Renfroe, Healy, Kole Calhoun, Hicks, etc.) 12-mixed is really shallow.

Comment

I got a mixed 12 team auction coming up so trying to pick up some info. Max for $41 but Verlander for only $21 seems odd. A lot of bargains on the 2nd tier OFs. Was that your thought to get those guys rather than go for the stud guys? Just out of curiousity, what did the top hitters go for?

Comment

I knew I had so much hitting coming in that I didn't need to go for the top end, but all the 2nd-tier OFs seemed way cheaper than they should be so I moved in.

Verlander did go for less than I expected.

Expensive guys:
              Kershaw 43
              Trout 50
              Goldschmidt 32 (not sure how this happened)
              Kluber 39
              Jose Ramirez 31
              Votto 32
              Stanton 43
              Strasburg 31
              Blackmon 39
              Harper 40
              Arenado 45
              Altuve 47
              Gary Sanchez 32
              Scherzer 41
              Betts 44
              Freeman 38
              Machado 38
              Bumgarner 32
              Donaldson 29
              Springer 27
              Yelich 34
              DeGrom 27

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                I knew I had so much hitting coming in that I didn't need to go for the top end, but all the 2nd-tier OFs seemed way cheaper than they should be so I moved in.

Verlander did go for less than I expected.

Expensive guys:
                Kershaw 43
                Trout 50
                Goldschmidt 32 (not sure how this happened)
                Kluber 39
                Jose Ramirez 31
                Votto 32
                Stanton 43
                Strasburg 31
                Blackmon 39
                Harper 40
                Arenado 45
                Altuve 47
                Gary Sanchez 32
                Scherzer 41
                Betts 44
                Freeman 38
                Machado 38
                Bumgarner 32
                Donaldson 29
                Springer 27
                Yelich 34
                DeGrom 27
                Prices were all over the place. In a 12 team mixed really surprised guys got bargains on a couple of studs.

Comment

Working...
                X