No announcement yet.

Official Baseball In Memoriam Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reyes Moronta, a hard throwing bullpenner primarily for the Giants from 2017 until last season, was killed in an ATV accident in the Dominican Republic at just age 31. RIP.

Doug Creek, a bullpenner for 7 teams from 1995 until 2005, died of cancer at age 55. RIP.

Comment

• Billy Bean, an outfielder who had a 6-year MLB career but is better known as being one of the first professional athletes to come out as gay and then became MLB's ambassador for inclusion, died at age 60. RIP.

Jim Umbarger, a pitcher for the Rangers & A's from 1975-1978, died at age 71. RIP.

Comment

• Mike Cubbage, a utility infielder for the Rangers, Twins & Mets from 1974-1981, died at age 74. RIP.

Comment

• Ed Kranepool, the native New Yorker who became an original 1962 Met as a 17-year-old and spent his entire 18-year Major League career with New York, hitting a critical home run in game 3 of the 1969 World Series for the victorious Miracle Mets, died on Sunday after suffering from cardiac arrest in Boca Raton, Fla. He was 79 years old.​ RIP.

Last edited by madducks; 09-10-2024, 12:59 AM.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Ed Kranepool holds a special place in my heart, since he was the 1st celebrity I ever met. My dad’s lodge held a Sports Night every Xmas and Kranepool was their invite in December 1977. RIP.

Comment

Working...
            X