How bad is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How bad is it?

16 team league using OBA and Holds. I am in full rebuild mode. I have one vacancy due to Honeywell's TJ surgery. I will pick the best available RP or SP/RP

C Alex Avila (29)
    1B Paul Goldschmidt K
    2B Paul DeJong (11)
    3B Matt Chapman (12)
    SS JP Crawford (20)
    CI Matt Olson (11)
    MI Aledmys Diaz (19)
    OF Christian Yelich K
    OF Willie Calhoun (14)
    OF Michael Taylor (13)
    OF Teoscar Hernandez (21)
    Ut Eduardo Nunez (7)

SP Michael Fulmer (18)
    SP Jon Gray (8)
    SP Ohtani Shohei (25)
    SP Robbie Ray (10)
    RP Juan Minaya (23)
    RP Tyler Lyons (27)
    RP (w)
    P Chase Anderson (13)
    P Ervin Santana (22)
    P Reynaldo Lopez (24)

BN Ronald Acuna (10)
    BN Victor Robles (21)
    BN Brendan Rodgers (17)
    BN Scott Kingery (16)
    BN Jack Flaherty (22)
    BN Mikie Mahtook (26)
    BN Luis Robert (28)
    BN Carson Kelly (30)

The (numbers) indicate draft or option round. Option for 2019 is this number minus 4.

This is sadly not the worst team in the league this year, but 2019 is more important. What pieces should I keep and which should I be looking to move?

J
    Last edited by onejayhawk; 03-10-2018, 02:14 AM.
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

That looks like a team that could easily trade their way into the money. The weak point is probably the outfield and you could use stolen bases and a more certain save source but I've seen lots worse come out ahead.

Comment

Unless one of the young pitchers turns into Jose Fernandez and Acuna turns into Mookie Betts, this is for next season.

That said, I thought the speed was middle of the road, assuming JP Crawford plays every day.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
        Unless one of the young pitchers turns into Jose Fernandez and Acuna turns into Mookie Betts, this is for next season.

That said, I thought the speed was middle of the road, assuming JP Crawford plays every day.

J
        Its definitely a young team, a team that is likely to be better in 2019 than 2018. However, your starters are not terrible, you need an ace. You have some stolen bases I just meant you could use more. I think your power is pretty much there already. I think every single one of your bench guys will contribute this season. And haven't you heard, Acuna is the new Ken Griffey Jr! You'll be better than you seem to think.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJonEmpire View Post
          Its definitely a young team, a team that is likely to be better in 2019 than 2018. However, your starters are not terrible, you need an ace. You have some stolen bases I just meant you could use more. I think your power is pretty much there already. I think every single one of your bench guys will contribute this season. And haven't you heard, Acuna is the new Ken Griffey Jr! You'll be better than you seem to think.
          I like the Mookie comparison more. Robles can be the new Griffey. His defense is up to it.

Kidding aside, the "contribute this season" is the tripping point. I am not certain I can field a full team right now, because of the players that will not come north. April and May will be ugly.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

What does the K mean? FWIW, I agree with you OJH, this team has issues. There are plenty of decent players, but not in the rounds you want them.

Comment

I think you have a full team, and Mahtook that late could be a big steal. Kelly at RP and whoever you pick up should be a SP/RP if you’re able
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                What does the K mean? FWIW, I agree with you OJH, this team has issues. There are plenty of decent players, but not in the rounds you want them.
                I think you have a full team, and Mahtook that late could be a big steal. Kelly at RP and whoever you pick up should be a SP/RP if you’re able
                K means keeper. We get three for players with no options.

Carson Kelly is the catcher in StL. You are thinking of Joe Kelly, RP Bos.

Believe it or not, with all the prospect grabbing in the last rounds, Yusmeiro Petit is on WW.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Oh, yeah, Petit is a nice grab. My bad on Kelly - saw Carson Smith.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

That works too.

Is this team too good to truly tank a whole season?

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Hard to tank in advance, but it is tough to make this a winner, while it could be in 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                        Hard to tank in advance, but it is tough to make this a winner, while it could be in 2019.
                        That was the plan going in. Good to hear I didn't lose my way.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
                        X