Bad keeper decisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad keeper decisions

I'm in a 12-team mixed 5x5 that has... varied skill levels. One guy in the league finished fifth in the NFBC main event last year, and one just did this:

We can keep up to 6 players. Pretty low inflation. He's only keeping three: Cano $32, Sale $41, Rizzo $41. He is not keeping Jose Ramirez $15, Ian Happ $2, Albies $3.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Classic rookie mistake of keeping names and not understanding the complexities of a keeper league. I might keep Sale along with the last 3 guys...but not Cano or Rizzo unless you've got insane inflation.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

In a 12-team mixed, I'd definitely keep Sale at that and could see a case for Rizzo. But keeping Cano over Jose Ramirez AND $17 is a floggable offense.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

It's not even "over". He's choosing to keep only three guys out of the six possible slots.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I'd feel bad about taking that guy's money. The last few years, we have had some turn over in my long term league, and when I've seen stuff like this from the new guys ( not that I've seen anything this bad), I send them a private email with unsolicited advice. It makes me feel better when I win their money, and makes it more likely that they learn, enjoy, and stay in the league.

Comment

Is he a newbie?
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

This is his fourth year; he's finished 12th, 6th, 7th.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                This is his fourth year; he's finished 12th, 6th, 7th.
                Then screw him Take his cash.
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
                X