One more trade question - being greedy about prospects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One more trade question - being greedy about prospects

Okay, last pre-keeper deadline question.

10-team NL-only 5x5 using AVG, 2 catcher league, 17 man bench including minor leaguers. I have a bunch of good prospects. Being offered Pham $10/yr 2, and I have a lot of faith in his being real, but I could also just sit on my prospect list and hope to be really good in a year or two, but also the top end for a lot of these guys is about as good as Pham is now so this would reduce variance, but who knows.

Which/how many of these would you be willing to give up for him? He'd need to be extended after this year. I made an initial offer and I'm pretty sure even Tatis or Rodgers alone won't be enough.

Carson Kelly $5
    Ryan McMahon $5 (qualifies at 1B/2B/3B this year)
    Fernando Tatis Jr. $5
    Brendan Rodgers $10
    Austin Meadows $10
    Jack Flaherty $5
    Max Fried $5
    Luiz Gohara $5
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

I'd deal any of the pitchers, Kelly, Meadows, and maybe even McMahon. I'd do a 3-1 as long as two of the guys were pitchers...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

I would take out Tatis and Rodgers then give him his choice of any 3 of the remainders for Pham.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        I would take out Tatis and Rodgers then give him his choice of any 3 of the remainders for Pham.
        This is a good plan. I gotta admit, I'd deal a $10 Rodgers and Fried to get Pham if you're trying to win this year, too.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          This is what I'd do too, but based on what you said, I suspect it won't fly.

Comment

This. I get it. That kind of thing would help you, and he isn't buying. Makes for a better league at least, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
              Okay, last pre-keeper deadline question.

10-team NL-only 5x5 using AVG, 2 catcher league, 17 man bench including minor leaguers. I have a bunch of good prospects. Being offered Pham $10/yr 2, and I have a lot of faith in his being real, but I could also just sit on my prospect list and hope to be really good in a year or two, but also the top end for a lot of these guys is about as good as Pham is now so this would reduce variance, but who knows.

Which/how many of these would you be willing to give up for him? He'd need to be extended after this year. I made an initial offer and I'm pretty sure even Tatis or Rodgers alone won't be enough.

Carson Kelly $5
              Ryan McMahon $5 (qualifies at 1B/2B/3B this year)
              Fernando Tatis Jr. $5
              Brendan Rodgers $10
              Austin Meadows $10
              Jack Flaherty $5
              Max Fried $5
              Luiz Gohara $5
              You said you were being offered Pham. What did he suggest?

Comment

His initial offer was Pham $10/yr 2 and Billy Hamilton $28/expiring for Tatis Jr, Gohara, McMahon, Ian Happ $8/yr 1, Addison Russell $8/yr 2. I was trying to figure out something smaller for just Pham since I don't love trying to build around Hamilton, especially if it involves taking on his contract before the auction.
                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

His initial offer was Pham $10/yr 2 and Billy Hamilton $28/expiring for Tatis Jr, Gohara, McMahon, Ian Happ $8/yr 1, Addison Russell $8/yr 2. I was trying to figure out something smaller for just Pham since I don't love trying to build around Hamilton, especially if it involves taking on his contract before the auction.
                  Yikes. I don't blame you.

Comment

Your main 3 is tatie, mcmahon and Rodgers, any combo of the rest for Pham is super plus for you

Comment

Oops, my bad, didn’t fully read the whole story lol

Comment

He turned down Rodgers, Fried, Jimmy Nelson $10/yr 2, and Flaherty or Gohara. I don't think I'm willing to push any harder than that.

Comment

He turned down Rodgers, Fried, Jimmy Nelson $10/yr 2, and Flaherty or Gohara. I don't think I'm willing to push any harder than that.
                          Maybe because his main target is Tatis.

If you want to keep all the rest of your rookies and still get Pham. Offer him Tatis for Pham straight up. Tell him it is your final offer take it or leave it.

You have nothing to lose by trying it.

Comment

Offered Tatis and Nelson, I doubt it'll happen but as you said it couldn't hurt.

Comment

Offered Tatis and Nelson, I doubt it'll happen but as you said it couldn't hurt.
                              Sometimes the best trades are the ones we don't make.

Comment

Working...
                              X