Extend Realmuto?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extend Realmuto?

Just acquired him in a 1 catcher league...he's currently 5 bucks. Is he worth extending 2 years to 15, or just 1 to 10? Thanks!
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Yeah, I’d extend him one more season. $15 is more than his value in a 5x5 BA league.

Comment

Hmm... how bad is inflation?

He is only 26, I would be tempted to give two years. That puts him at about value. I would let the inflation be my profit.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        Hmm... how bad is inflation?

He is only 26, I would be tempted to give two years. That puts him at about value. I would let the inflation be my profit.
        Pretty steep in this league...so I don't mind going to 15 bucks. I do like the idea of getting him in his prime years, and watching him to go a better situation.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

He'll definitely be good for you.

The downside is he might get traded to the AL and Miami offense is going to be more challenged this season. If I had kept him and not traded him to you I would have extended him 1 season.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
            He'll definitely be good for you.

The downside is he might get traded to the AL and Miami offense is going to be more challenged this season. If I had kept him and not traded him to you I would have extended him 1 season.
            Thanks Brad, a very fair transaction for the both of us. I hope that he's traded to a club like the Nats, they seem to be really interested, but the Marlins are rumored to be stuck on Robles, which just isn't going to happen...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Mixed league, high inflation, I might go two years. Since he's a catcher, I'd probably only go one.

NL only, I don't even extend. Not with a 50/50 chance of him going to the AL.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

It's an NL only...but I'd get his stats for this season, and incur no penalty if he's traded to the AL, so there's no real risk to extending him, other than adding the salary to this season.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Unless it is a very deep NL only (over 12 teams) or you are not competing this year, I would take the profit. He won't stay in Miami long, and with a one catcher league, there are always $1 options. My main league is a 16-team mixed (with a $300 budget) and I would stop well before $10 in the bidding (I assume he will be in the draft, I think he'd be $20 this year otherwise)---there are just too many options that won't hurt and give you 15 HR in a one catcher league. Other than Sanchez, Posey, and Contreras, I won't bid over $2 for anyone this year (and two of those are kept; only Posey is available). The advantage to this is huge---catchers get hurt more than other position players and since there are guys that will play on the waiver wire in a one catcher league (unless the benches are really deep) so spending money elsewhere makes more sense to me; you can get the same production as more than half the league gets off the waiver wire, so why spend?

Comment

I would not chime in but league context has been left out. This is the old as the hills 12TO NL, with 23 active/5 reserve/10 farm and legendary 50% inflation on top 2 dozen hitters. The structure is such that someone like Cody Bellinger explodes on scene he is $5 for yr 0, nests 2 yrs at $5, then keeper decision is made yr 4, he likely will be a 3+ yr contract, meaning league doesnt get to auction him for 5, 6 years. Active trading, always have rebuilders, a team who is passive and does not build up an arsenal for a championship run will be at a disadvantage to just having a good auction and win.

Comment

Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                      I would not chime in but league context has been left out. This is the old as the hills 12TO NL, with 23 active/5 reserve/10 farm and legendary 50% inflation on top 2 dozen hitters. The structure is such that someone like Cody Bellinger explodes on scene he is $5 for yr 0, nests 2 yrs at $5, then keeper decision is made yr 4, he likely will be a 3+ yr contract, meaning league doesnt get to auction him for 5, 6 years. Active trading, always have rebuilders, a team who is passive and does not build up an arsenal for a championship run will be at a disadvantage to just having a good auction and win.
                      Yep, some leagues with good keepers and a fine auction are not enough to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                        It's an NL only...but I'd get his stats for this season, and incur no penalty if he's traded to the AL, so there's no real risk to extending him, other than adding the salary to this season.
                        But only for this year, right? I'm thinking that if he's dealt to the AL you get 2018 stats, but you lose him for 2019 and beyond. Given gc's note about inflation, I'd extend him a year, and bet on Miami getting the best deal from a NL team, and if not, you're not out a ton. But there's no way I'd extend to 15 even with steep inflation, given that it's almost certain he's dealt.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          But only for this year, right? I'm thinking that if he's dealt to the AL you get 2018 stats, but you lose him for 2019 and beyond. Given gc's note about inflation, I'd extend him a year, and bet on Miami getting the best deal from a NL team, and if not, you're not out a ton. But there's no way I'd extend to 15 even with steep inflation, given that it's almost certain he's dealt.
                          Yup, what Glen said is absolutely correct, crazy inflation. You're correct as well, stats ONLY for this season if there's a deal to the other league. I decided on a 1 season extension, so I'll have him for the next two years, barring a trade to the AL.

I also have the #1 farm pick in a year when there's no clear cut #1...why no Harper this year?

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Two catcher league?

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                              Two catcher league?
                              Nope, just one...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                              X