Would you rather... Zimmer $8 or Beckam $5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you rather... Zimmer $8 or Beckam $5

Which side of this AL keeper trade do you like? Both have contracts at this price through 2019.

Bradley Zimmer $8A
    Tim Beckham $5A
    Zimmer $8A
    0%
    Beckham $5A
    0%

The poll is expired.

This isn't close for me. Zimmer by a sizable margin.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      This isn't close for me. Zimmer by a sizable margin.
      I actually think it's closer than that in an AL Only format. Both players are ~$15 values for 2018, right.

Beckham gets the nod in HR/RBI/Avg, Zimmer in R/SB. SB probably give Zimmer the nod, but not but much. Add in the $3 savings for Beckham and it's really close for me.

I'd take Zimmer by a nod, but this is a trade that I would see as even if it went through in my league.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
        I actually think it's closer than that in an AL Only format. Both players are ~$15 values for 2018, right.

Beckham gets the nod in HR/RBI/Avg, Zimmer in R/SB. SB probably give Zimmer the nod, but not but much. Add in the $3 savings for Beckham and it's really close for me.

I'd take Zimmer by a nod, but this is a trade that I would see as even if it went through in my league.
        I'd want to be the side which gets zimmer.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post

I have Zimmer at ~$16 and Beckham at ~$10. I think Zimmer could outperform that valuation, but we may have already seen Beckham's ceiling. I'd much rather have Zimmer going forward than Beckham.

Comment

I worry a bit about how much of Zimmer's value is in his speed. If he can't hit or get on base, will he continue to get the ABs? 2nd half of last season was pretty ugly, but then again he has a prospect pedigree and we should give him some time to adjust to MLB level, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              I have Zimmer at ~$16 and Beckham at ~$10. I think Zimmer could outperform that valuation, but we may have already seen Beckham's ceiling. I'd much rather have Zimmer going forward than Beckham.
              Agree - I have a $5 gap between them for this year, and I know I'm being conservative on Zimmer.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, the other owner pulled back on this one. So I keep Beckham $5.

Comment

Working...
                X