12-mixed - last keeper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12-mixed - last keeper

12 mixed 5x5 using AVG. Already keeping Bryant, T Turner, Correa, Hoskins, Pham. Last one: Rendon $20, Gallo $6, Eddie Rosario $6?

(The trade for Acuna didn't happen, he would only do it for Turner and Robles.)
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

I'd keep Rosario at $6.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I'd keep Gallo at $6.

Comment

Gallo for me.

He is only 24. He cut his k rate by 4% from first half to second half. Small but trending in the right direction. He plays good defense (helps with playing time), steals a few bases. If he gets his ave. up to .240 he could hit 50 hrs. He walked 75 times in 449 abs. If he can take a walk he can learn to raise his ba to respectable.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          He plays good defense (helps with playing time)
          I agree that Gallo is the pick.

One thing I want to point out though is while good defense keeps some players on the field, Gallo's defense makes absolutely no difference. Texas wants to play him every day and get his bat more reps. He is the future face of the franchise. He could be a butcher in the field and they still trot him out there at every opportunity this year. He's one of the few reasons for fans to go to a game this year.

Not saying that the comparison is spot on, but compare where Joey Gallo is right now with Aaron Judge going into his age 24 season. Two guys with 80 power and problems with Ks. Now project forward another 12 months, is it outside the realm of possibility (even if unlikely) that Gallo has a season in him at some point that is similar to Judge's 2017 season?

Comment

I agree with the Gallo folks, you look to have a pretty strong base in BA, so you can afford his average for the 40 Homers you'll likely get.

I'm just not sold that Hoskins is ready to give you 40 bombs quite yet, so you'll need the power, IMO.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              I agree that Gallo is the pick.

One thing I want to point out though is while good defense keeps some players on the field, Gallo's defense makes absolutely no difference. Texas wants to play him every day and get his bat more reps. He is the future face of the franchise. He could be a butcher in the field and they still trot him out there at every opportunity this year. He's one of the few reasons for fans to go to a game this year.

Not saying that the comparison is spot on, but compare where Joey Gallo is right now with Aaron Judge going into his age 24 season. Two guys with 80 power and problems with Ks. Now project forward another 12 months, is it outside the realm of possibility (even if unlikely) that Gallo has a season in him at some point that is similar to Judge's 2017 season?
              Crap!! I was only going to give my $5 Gallo a 1 year raise. After reading this I might have to go two. Thanks a lot Ken!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                Crap!! I was only going to give my $5 Gallo a 1 year raise. After reading this I might have to go two. Thanks a lot Ken!!
                Hah, no problem - extend him 1 year though, don't eat up all his profitability for upside. Much, much more likely that he ends up in the $15 value range than $30. I was just giving a peek into the very high end 5% projection that's "possible". Most players never come close to reaching their true ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                X