NL-only, 12-team keeper, $280. cap--need to cut 3, + LTC's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL-only, 12-team keeper, $280. cap--need to cut 3, + LTC's

HERE IS MY SHORT KEEPER LIST. I CAN KEEP MAXIMUM 12 CONTRACTS + THE 3 ROOKIES.
    [sorry about the caps!]
    12-team, NL only, 4x4 standard roto, $280. cap, 15 hitters, 10 pitcher, 15 man reserve in season. I dumped and got a lot of interesting players, but some need either a LT contract of play them out this year only. $5. per year extension.
    I have pared this down to 15 + the 3 rookies, needing to remove 3 before cut down next week. I am down to 3 starting SS's! I'm sure there are a lot of ways to go, so let me pick the collective brain of the Bullpen!
    Thanks!

NAME TEAM SALARY YEAR
    Molina, Yadier $14.00 2
    Myers, Wil $22.00 3--LT?
    McMahon, Ryan $10.00 2
    Russell, Add. $25.00 3 OF 5--must keep
    Happ, Ian $5.00 2
    Arcia, Orlando $15.00 3--LT?
    Williams, Nick $15.00 2
    Frazier, Adam $2.00 3--LT?
    Martinez, Jose $10.00 2
    Dahl, David $15.00 3--LT?
    Altherr, Aaron $2.00 3--LT? just traded Story for him, + plus draft pick
    Swanson, Dansby $15.00 2
    Castillo, Luis $2.00 2
    Davies, Zach $10.00 3--LT?
    Lamet, Dinelson $9.00 2
    ROOKIES--SALARIES DO NOT COUNT UNTIL ACTIVATED [KEEPING ALL 3]
    Acuna, Ronald $15.00
    Quinn, Roman $10.00
    Buehler, Walker $2.00
    Bearin' up!

I would dump Williams, Dahl, and Swanson

and NO LTs. looks like you had a Russell LT fiasco that didn't take.

seriously, the addiction to LT contracts mystifies me and always has. God forbid an owner makes a profit on a player.

would I EVER extend a player? of course. but make "no" the default mode and your year-to-year results will improve.
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I’d drop Swanson, Martinez & Davies. If you want to keep Davies, who had a lot of wins last year, I’d drop Frazier.

Comment

I'd drop Swanson, Davies and Dahl. No extensions on the LTs.

Logic for Dahl - it appears right now that he doesn't have a starting job and he's been injured for seemingly ever. If you want to get him back, I'd be surprised if you can't do so for $15 or less - and, frankly, if anyone bids more than $15, let 'em have him.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I would drop Dahl for the reasons mentioned above. I would also want to be in on the bidding to get him for the rebuild. I would hope to get him under $15, but might go to $17 on him.

Swanson is just not worth $15 so I would drop him.

I am a Zach Davies owner $5 needs a raise or play him out. I am playing him out. I traded for him at $5 but would not have if he was $10. I would also not keep him if I already owned him at $10.

The only extension I would consider is Altherr and that would only be one year. My reasoning is that you are rebuilding and a $7 Altherr still has profit (real or perceived). He will be easier to trade than if he was done.

I am sorry to pile on. I did not care for the trade you made to get Altherr (and I traded for him in Jan.). I would be looking at him as a trading chip rather than a piece for my rebuild.

Comment

Altherr is a trading chip for me. As you see from my post location, I am from the greater Philly area, and local players are always in demand in our league. I also believe Altherr will have a very nice year under the new scheme, so his value escalates long about July. It's just a matter of how much; part of that is whether or not someone could also have him next year, too. That is why I may give him a one year LTC. I agree with Gregg on that score.

The one player I am frankly surprised no one has yet mentioned is Molina. I have not had a catcher in years with a salary of $14., preferring to just plug someone in at 2- bucks and spend money elsewhere. I get that he is among the best at the position, even in his declining years, but would you keep him?
            Bearin' up!

Comment

Originally posted by scottw View Post
              The one player I am frankly surprised no one has yet mentioned is Molina. I have not had a catcher in years with a salary of $14., preferring to just plug someone in at 2- bucks and spend money elsewhere. I get that he is among the best at the position, even in his declining years, but would you keep him?
              2 catcher league or 1? In a 2C league he's pretty much on par. I'd likely throw him back either way and try to get him cheaper but it's borderline.

In a 1C league you can safely drop him and just allocate some $s in your auction to the C spot.

Comment

Altherr is a trading chip for me. As you see from my post location, I am from the greater Philly area, and local players are always in demand in our league. I also believe Altherr will have a very nice year under the new scheme, so his value escalates long about July. It's just a matter of how much; part of that is whether or not someone could also have him next year, too. That is why I may give him a one year LTC. I agree with Gregg on that score.

You said to get rid of 3 so I picked the first 3 I would get rid of and told you why.

If you have any inflation Molina is at value or making you a few bucks in profit.

I traded for a $10B Molina and am happy to have him. I will play him out and not give a raise. I would tell you to keep Molina and get your 2nd catcher on the cheap.

Just curious, is Barnhart rostered? if yes what price?

Comment

Barnhart is available in this auction. He was rostered in 2017 at $3. That is the classic catcher [2 catcher league] I look for.
                  Bearin' up!

Comment

Barnhart is available in this auction. He was rostered in 2017 at $3. That is the classic catcher [2 catcher league] I look for.
                    I was hoping you could offer Davis for him.

It has been announced that he will start over Mesoroco. In 4x4 with ba Barnhart may go for more. I am keeping him at $2a.

Comment

You have at least four guys I'd cut before Molina.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                      X