2K18 NL Only Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K18 NL Only Keepers

This is a 12 team NL only 5x5 league with a $265 budget, the normal 14 hitters and 10 pitchers, no bench. Normal categories except saves + 1/2 hold. We can keep 12 but that's not a problem for me.

I am nearing the end of a really strong run of being in the money every year since 2012. There is still a little life left in this team but it's going. Contracts: A = first year, B = second (option) year, C## = signed through that year and F = FAAB = can only be kept one year.

So here are my options:

YGrandal $16A
    CSeager $10B*
    ACordoba $1A
    CBlackmon $13C18*
    HRenfroe $18A
    CMartinez $26B*
    AWood $8A*
    CAnderson $10F*
    AGarrett $5A
    TGlasnow $3A
    AVizcaino $1A*

I've marked the obvious keepers and I'm probably going to keep Cordoba, Garrett and Glasnow cause they are cheap and have upside. Grandal and Renfroe need to have some very good spring training news for me to keep them. This whole list doesn't add up to 12 players.

I've been mulling the idea of trade Blackmon since I won't compete. I have a feeler out there for a deal of Blackmon and Anderson for Robbie Ray $2B and Hader $10A. I know Hader is overpriced but in my situation he's the kind of guy to sit on and see what happens. He was already traded this off season so he will definitely be kept so for our league that's not a terrible price. He could earn it if he carves out a Devinski type role in the bullpen. Now, I don't love the deal but getting Ray is tempting and if I can get another piece in the deal I just might do it.

I'm also shopping Martinez but haven't had an real bites yet. I thought trading him for Eugenio Suarez at $18A but Jason talked me out of it.

So, just wondering what your thoughts are on my list and these trade ideas. Thanks for reading
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Blackmon in his last year of his contract for $13 should get you more during the in-season dump

I would wait for a better offer

Comment

Originally posted by tinitoys View Post
      Blackmon in his last year of his contract for $13 should get you more during the in-season dump

I would wait for a better offer
      I agree with this. Plus you get to see how your auction goes.

Comment

Working...
      X