• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who would you rather have and why?

Vlad Guerrero or Bo Bichette?

Vlad. Vlad. Vlad.

Reasons:
    1. He looks to have massive upside as a hitter.
    2. He already has better plate discipline than dad.
    3. It appears Donaldson is going away (either via trade or FA), so his path is as clear as Bichette's
    4. "The Impaler" would be the coolest nickname in baseball.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Yeah, Vlad looks really special. Bichette looks great too and could stick at SS. I'd love to have both. Both top 10 fantasy prospects to me.

Comment

Guerrero and it isn't close. While I believe Bichette will be good, I believe Guerrero will be a stud offensively.

Comment

I agree with the consensus on Vlad.

I wonder how each of them projects long term as far as SB go? That may sway it back towards Bichette instead of being a blowout (I honestly don't know).

Comment

I don't keep up with AL minors but vlad baseball cards sell way better than bo...

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              I agree with the consensus on Vlad.

I wonder how each of them projects long term as far as SB go? That may sway it back towards Bichette instead of being a blowout (I honestly don't know).
              Ken, that's a legit point. I think that's why people who look at prospects in fantasy baseball terms have Vlad higher than Bichette, but with a smaller gap than those who look at prospects from a pure baseball performance perspective.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                Ken, that's a legit point. I think that's why people who look at prospects in fantasy baseball terms have Vlad higher than Bichette, but with a smaller gap than those who look at prospects from a pure baseball performance perspective.
                These types of discussions are why I post the things I post. I appreciate all input.

If the reality is that Bo and Vlad are very close but the general consensus is Vlad the preferred, it has an effect on how I go about trading. The same owner in our league owns both Vlad and Bo. I have offered him a trade for Vlad. I would prefer Vlad as he will be a better trading chip. I also should expect to get Bo at a lower cost. I will have to wait, if he rejects my Vlad the preferred offer, I may counter with the same offer for Bo.

Thanks everybody for you thoughts.

Comment

Again I'd love to have both. While Vlad is better (best prospect in the game to me--he has the potential to be a top 10 hitter in baseball and should stick at 3b), Bo is easily a top 10 prospect as well. Landing either would be a great get, and land in both would be a coup.

Comment

Out of curiosity, what are you offering for Vlad? I have tried to get him for over a year, and nothing I can come up with gets him. His owner simply will not move him, and I don't really blame him, as he hasn't had a team that has come close to the money in years. So, no win now offers make sense, and no prospect or young player offers make sense either. He wouldn't take eloy jimenz, who is my best prospect, and again, I don't blame him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      Out of curiosity, what are you offering for Vlad? I have tried to get him for over a year, and nothing I can come up with gets him. His owner simply will not move him, and I don't really blame him, as he hasn't had a team that has come close to the money in years. So, no win now offers make sense, and no prospect or young player offers make sense either. He wouldn't take eloy jimenz, who is my best prospect, and again, I don't blame him.
                      I offered him his choice of Osuna or Allen (he inquired if I would move one). He turned my suggestions down. I have offer from another owner that he had to compete with. The players he wanted to move wouldn't fit my team and the players I wanted I couldn't get to.

I am not rebuilding. I am trying to compete for this year.

Comment

Working...
                      X