Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a Best Ball, Draft-and-Hold League...anyone have a good one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a Best Ball, Draft-and-Hold League...anyone have a good one?

I'm looking for one or two of the 'best ball' draft-and-hold leagues that doesn't have a large entry fee. Anybody seen any place that hosts this format?
    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Fantrax
    Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

I keep hearing about these "best ball" leagues. What are they?

Comment

Have not played in one yet, but as I understand them...they are "draft and hold" leagues, except you have a bench. And the computer will automatically pull players from the bench for you. So, if you have started a SS who goes on the DL, and you have one on your bench, the sub gets put in for you.

I believe it also puts in for you whoever had the best numbers for the week. That is the "best ball" feature. So, drafting your bench becomes even more of a strategy than usual. You get something like seven or eight reserves. Do you take more pitchers or hitters? Starters or relievers?

It's an unusual concept that seems to be growing in popularity. The site I looked at (at the suggestion of Lord Zola) will let you play for $10 to $500 a team.
        If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Looks like I missed all of the Fantrax best ball leagues. (closed out march 17th?) Anyone have any other ideas? Mr. Zola?

BTW, enjoy your rotowire columns.

Comment

Working...
          X