Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braves want Acuna to keep his hat on straight

Really?

Even though I think wearing the hat crooked is stupid if just trying to look cool and you don't have a functional reason for it, but I think it's kind of silly for the Braves to try and dictate to Acuna how to wear his hat.

It is silly but if you use uniforms shouldn't they be uniform?

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
      https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/b...hy-thats-dumb/

Really?

Even though I think wearing the hat crooked is stupid if just trying to look cool and you don't have a functional reason for it, but I think it's kind of silly for the Braves to try and dictate to Acuna how to wear his hat.
      Silly indeed, pretty much as silly as the Yankees no beards ban...at least they have tradition on their side. All the Braves have is a "get off my lawn" mentality here.

He's wearing the uniform, just not in a manner they find acceptable...are they going to mandate how to wear socks and pants too?
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

"Send him to AAA for a couple weeks to make sure he's learned his lesson!"

"Oh, we get to keep this stud prospect an extra year by keeping him in AAA for a couple weeks, thus saving us millions of dollars?? I had no idea that was the case!"

Comment

I think this has been blown way out of proportion. He continues to play, and Braves management continues to say nice things about him.

Comment

Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
            It is silly but if you use uniforms shouldn't they be uniform?
            I don't think it is silly.

Why can't an owner dictate the at work dress code?

Because they are THE MAN MAN! THEY ARE RICH GREEDY BASTARDS THAT SHOULD HAVE NO SAY IN THE WAY THOSE POOR UNDERPRIVILEGED PLAYERS DRESS WHEN ON THE FIELD!!!

Settle down 1970's Gregg

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              "Send him to AAA for a couple weeks to make sure he's learned his lesson!"

"Oh, we get to keep this stud prospect an extra year by keeping him in AAA for a couple weeks, thus saving us millions of dollars?? I had no idea that was the case!"
              Oh, you cynical bastage. And I agree.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

R Acuna will be wealthy beyond the wildest dreams of most of us. For playing a game in his pjs, swinging a stick, and running a grassy field catching a ball. I think he should be thankful for every second of his adventure, and at every chance be humble, respectful, and try not to sneer too much in his interviews after game to reporters after his game winning hit. And wear his hat straight.

Comment

Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                  R Acuna will be wealthy beyond the wildest dreams of most of us. For playing a game in his pjs, swinging a stick, and running a grassy field catching a ball. I think he should be thankful for every second of his adventure, and at every chance be humble, respectful, and try not to sneer too much in his interviews after game to reporters after his game winning hit. And wear his hat straight.
                  He likely was also born and raised poorer than any of us could imagine. I have never heard anything about him sneering at reporters; overexuberance perhaps, but nothing about being rude.

Comment

As long as its straight during the games he should be free t wear it however he likes otherwise. Just like Junior.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJonEmpire View Post
                      As long as its straight during the games he should be free t wear it however he likes otherwise. Just like Junior.
                      I don't even think that it needs to be straight during games...Fernando Rodney has worn his hat off to the side for years now. He says it's a tribute to his Father, who was a fisherman, and would tilt his hat to avoid the sun. I don't know Acuna's background, but as long as he wears the same uniform as everyone else, I'm OK with it.
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Fernando Rodney is an old coot. No one takes his eccentricities into account.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                        X